Save contacts external without cloud

hey FP users! I was trying for 2 hours now to save all my contacts and export them. there were several problems, in fact I couldn#t make it. Can someone discribe a easy way? Thanks Peter

I’m using A13 on an FP3

Open contacts > Three dots > Select all > Share (this creates a file) Select how to send and where to send i.e. send the file to another device.

I’ve just tried and exported to my PC

4 Likes

Are you using the stock OS and stock contacts app? As said above that will generate a .vcf

A convenient tool for backing up quite a few things is My Phone Explorer , lots of others of course.

2 Likes

this is something I talready tried, but it seams that the downloaded file contains only one cantact. It also seams that the file is to small (only 180KB) to contain the 1300 contacts I wanted to store.

The size of the file seems fine, how are you reading the file?

If you use Windows Contacts app you can only see one at a time, keep pressing [esc]

The file is there as a backup but there are way to view, try importing to another phone, or open with Notepad or a text editor.

WARNING: Better not press the [esc] as you will have to do that 1300 time, open with Notepad :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just open it with Notepad

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.