SailfishOS disk encryption on FP2?

Is there a way to enable disk encryption on FP2? Is there perhaps a documentation somewhere on how to do it manually?

1 Like

Hi, to get home encryption for FP2 would require me to modify the configuration repository for the device in an incompatible way (with the current release images I have made so far) and generate new images and any users wanting to use home encryption would need to reflash their devices. It’s possible but would also make it slightly more complicated to handle because I would need to build two separate builds of the configuration packages on OBS in separate projects (it’s where I build the adaptation packages) to make sure existing installations still work as before. The changes themselves are not very complicated but in the end it would cause some extra maintenance and testing for me to test both old and new style builds.

1 Like

Thanks for explanation @mal It does make sense that maintaining two seperate builds can be exhausting indeed (perhaps in the future you could consider swithcing to ust encrypted version). Is there a way to do that manually? I understand it’s using luks with cryptsetup.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.