Sailfish OS 4.3.0.15 release4 for Fairphone 2

I now fixed bluetooth in 4.3.0.15 release. Anyone who needs bluetooth should run version --dup to get the fixed packages.

4 Likes

Many thanks, 38 packages installed.

Great job, as usual.
Thank you @mal ! :grinning:

Hi!
I flashed an old Fairphone 2, yesterday, but I can’t use bluetooth; it does not start when trying to tab the Icon, and it does not find anything when I try to start it from the settings. Any ideas how to solve that?

@Heinrich_Schwieterin try running “version --dup” using devel-su (set password in developer mode settings).

@mal
Thanks for your hint, but the result was

NO UPDATES FOUND. Try again later

A restart didn’t change that. A small light keeps flashing in the bluetooth setting page, but nothing else happens, as before.

Can you check version of the droid-hal-fp2-sibon package you have using “pkcon search droid-hal-fp2-sibon”?

Hi!

The first one is
droid-hal-fp2-sibon-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)

The terminal tells me available would be version
droid-hal-fp2-sibon-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community),

along with a whole lot other droid-hal-fp2-sibon-packages, all with the same numbers as the first, respectively the adaptation-community packages, this is the whole list; I managed to use ssh to use the terminal on my ubuntu machine:

pkcon search droid-hal-fp2-sibon
Suche nach Details                                                              
Starten                                                                         
Software-Liste wird aktualisiert                                                
Abfragen                                                                        
Fertig                                                                         
Installiert 	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)  	Droid HAL package for fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Droid HAL package for fp2-sibon
Installiert 	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-detritus-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)	Straggler files for FP2 hw
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-detritus-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Straggler files for FP2 hw
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-devel-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Development files for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Installiert 	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-img-boot-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)	Boot img for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-img-boot-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Boot img for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-img-recovery-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Recovery image for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-kernel-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Kernel for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-kernel-dtbo-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Placeholder for FP2 flashable dtbo if applicable
Installiert 	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-kernel-modules-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)	Kernel modules for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-kernel-modules-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Kernel modules for droid-hal device: fp2-sibon
Installiert 	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-tools-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)Some tools from android specific for FP2
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-tools-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Some tools from android specific for FP2
Installiert 	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-users-0.0.6-202203211306.armv7hl (installed)Create users and groups for device: fp2-sibon
Verfügbar  	droid-hal-fp2-sibon-users-0.0.6-202111072204.armv7hl (adaptation-community)	Create users and groups for device: fp2-sibon

Is there a way to install the older packages? Would it help to do so?

Yes, assuming you have zypper installed (if not then first run pkcon install zypper) you need to run using devel-su “zypper ref” and then “zypper dup --from adaptation-community” or just “zypper dup”

1 Like

Thanks, that did it! zypper was installed, I had to use devel-su for the zypper commands. After a reboot I was able to use bluetooth with my creativ lab speakers; tomorrow I’ll check it it works in my car , too.

Thank you very much! :+1:

I was able to connect the Phone via bluetooth with my Renault ZOE , too. The media system shows the phone. But it shows a “Mer Boot Loader” as well; and recognizes that as containing an Android Auto installation… Rather strange. :thinking:

Another funny thing: When using the Unplayer app the media system plays the music stored on a SD Card in the phone, but shows wrong title and artist in the car display… When using media app which came along with the installation (as far as I remember) I can play the music, too, but get no information about the music at all. I’ll try with other music apps as well, perhaps one of those is working properly.

New release at Sailfish OS 4.4.0.68 release5 for Fairphone 2. Sorry for the delay with the release.

5 Likes

Hi!

An attempted update of the old version (4.3.0.15) ended up in an unusable phone, it became incredible slow, and kept crashing ever so often. So I made complete new install.

I don’t know why, but my recent backup vanished in that process, only an old backup survived. So be warned, and be sure to keep a copy of the backup in a safe place, and not only on a sd card within the phone.

Otherwise it is working OK, except for recurrent restarts when I read the first emails after using the flight mode. Perhaps a fairphone2 issue, though.

I read something about a version 4.4.0.72, is there an update available?

Thanks for your efforts! :+1:

Latest version I know about is 4.4.0.68 (release 5)

Of course mal could always have something newer in the pipeline :smiley:

I found it here:

Looks like it has not been updated for Fairphone 2 yet

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to upload the 4.4.0.72 image, I uploaded new image there. The repos have been ready already for those updating to the new version just the image was for new installations was missing.

3 Likes

Thanks!

WIll the update show up in the phone settings? Right now it tells me 4.4.0.68 is the newest release. Or is there a way to start the update manually?

The installation is done manually as instructed in Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for fp2 - Mer Wiki just replace the mentioned 4.4.0.68 with 4.4.0.72.

2 Likes

OK, Thanks again!
This was the first message:
WARNING: ssu.ini does not seem to be writable. Setting values might not work.
But it seems to work. What does it mean, is there a way to change that? Is it necessary?

version --dup led to this message:
NOT AUTHORISED. This tool must be run from a privileged shell.

So I used
devel-su version dup
instead.

Looks like everything is working. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.