Sailfish OS 2.2.1.18 beta2 release

Sailfish OS 2.2.1.18 beta2 release is now ready. Installation and update instructions can be found at Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for fp2 - Mer Wiki. Highlights of the new release:

• Updated to Sailfish OS 2.2.1.18
  • Based on Android 6 (18.04 release)

Important notes for updating from Sailfish OS releases before 2.1.3.7 (alpha5)! Please be very careful when during update about flashing the Android system.img. During update process Android system.img needs to be flashed right after updating Sailfish OS and shutting down the device. Do not flash system.img before Sailfish OS update.

Known issues:

• Youtube videos crashes browser when seeking
  • Camera configuration detection for secondary (front) camera sometimes fails (only during camera module change, update or installation)
    • To solve the issue remove /etc/droid-cameradetect-module-main.conf and /etc/droid-cameradetect-module-front.conf and run “systemctl restart droid-cameradetect”
    • Repeat the previous instruction until both cameras work (configuration is at /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/jolla-camera-hw.txt and the validity of resolutions for secondary camera can be checked also manually)
14 Likes

Good job - as always :smiley:.
Many thanks :+1:

???

Please make certain this is really what you wanted to post in this topic … perhaps you could rephrase?

Just in case … You can edit your posts using the pencil icon below your text, you can delete posts in hindsight using the trashcan icon.

1 Like

Most of the packages come directly from official Jolla repos. Sources for the rest of the packages (hardware adaptation specific packages) are available online and those packages are built on Mer OBS (in https://build.merproject.org/project/show/nemo:testing:hw:fairphone:fp2-sibon and https://build.merproject.org/project/show/nemo:testing:hw:common). From OBS the links to source used for building the packages can be easily found. Nothing prevents users from building their own images and packages if they want to do so.

4 Likes

Update sucessfull :smile: ! Thank you @mal

,---
| Sailfish OS 2.2.1.18 (Nurmonjoki)
'---

I just got one warning message, but the update went smoothly anyway ! (Already had this message when updating alpha6 to beta1…)
WARNING: ssu.ini does not seem to be writable. Setting values might not work.

1 Like

I think that warning happens if you are doing the update as normal user (nemo) and not as root. It works anyway I think.

1 Like

Camera doesn’t work for me :-/ any hints?

[root@Sailfish /]# cat /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/jolla-camera-hw.txt
[apps/jolla-camera/primary/image]
imageResolution=‘@PRIIMAGE43RES@’
videoResolution=‘@PRIVIDEORES@’
viewfinderResolution=‘@PRIVF43RES@’
isoValues=[0, 100, 200, 400]
whiteBalanceValues=[0, 3, 2, 6, 5]
focusDistanceValues=[8, 4, 16]
flashValues=[1, 2, 4]
exposureCompensationValues=[4, 2, 0, -2, -4]
imageResolution_4_3=‘@PRIIMAGE43RES@’
imageResolution_16_9=‘@PRIIMAGE169RES@’
viewfinderResolution_4_3=‘@PRIVF43RES@’
viewfinderResolution_16_9=‘@PRIVF169RES@’
focusDistance=16

[apps/jolla-camera/secondary/image]
imageResolution=‘@SECIMAGE43RES@’
videoResolution=‘@SECVIDEORES@’
viewfinderResolution=‘@SECVF43RES@’
focusDistanceValues=[4]
flashValues=[2]
imageResolution_4_3=‘@SECIMAGE43RES@’
imageResolution_16_9=‘@SECIMAGE169RES@’
viewfinderResolution_4_3=‘@SECVF43RES@’
viewfinderResolution_16_9=‘@SECVF169RES@’
focusDistance=4

[apps/jolla-camera/primary/video]
imageResolution=‘@PRIVIDEORES@’
videoResolution=‘@PRIVIDEORES@’
viewfinderResolution=‘@PRIVF169RES@’
videoFrameRate=@PRIVIDEOFPS@
focusDistanceValues=[4, 16]
flashValues=[2]
focusDistance=16

[apps/jolla-camera/secondary/video]
imageResolution=‘@SECVIDEORES@’
videoResolution=‘@SECVIDEORES@’
viewfinderResolution=‘@SECVF169RES@’
videoFrameRate=@SECVIDEOFPS@
focusDistanceValues=[4]
flashValues=[2]
focusDistance=4

The link mentioned in the first post (https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/Install_SailfishOS_for_fp2) of this thread has instructions how to fix such camera issues in the Status section of the page.

1 Like

i did that multiple times… didn’t work for me.
also rebooted…
i just had my first random reboot with sfos… now it works:thinking: strange…

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.