In continuation with the discussion in Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ - #350 by TeamB58 I am sharing the updated LineageOS 18.1 with you all.
If everything goes fine then we shall use this as a baseline for LineageOS 19.0.
If you would like to express your thanks to me by means of hard currency, please visit my Ko-Fi page: TeamB58 .
Changelogs/ What’s different from the Official LineageOS 18.1?
- Updated kernel to 4.9.227(Android 12 base)
- Updated audio HAL + Display HAL + Media HAL to match our platform(Yes, we will now have HAL exclusively for msm8953(even for S)).
- Update Display blobs to Android 11 from stock release of Android 11.
What’s not working?
I am aware of 2 issues as a result of the above changes:
- Voice call is routed to speaker mode by default - This requires a change in the new Audio HAL. I am in discussion with LineageOS to get this in.
- Audio for some VOIP calls might not work yet - Again, missing some entries in our Audio config file.
Do let me know if you encounter any other issues.
There will be another major update to this build where in we will have support for Android 11 proprietary blobs(since it’s officially released by Fairphone here). After this we shall move to Android 12.
Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.