[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS-GSI 17.1 for FP3

I have no FP3+, so I can’t test anything and all I say now is pure guessing: As the Fairphone Android 10 fastbootimage is the very same for both, FP3 and FP3+, there is a fair chance that the FP3+ features the same ro.product.device property, i.e. “FP3” and the difference is in the camera drivers only. In this case, the present builds should work … you may give it a try and tell us about it :slight_smile:.

The GSI LOS17.1 provided here has no original google play services but contains F-Droid, MicroG with spoofing and Aurora Services as privileged apps. On this basis, you can easily install Aurora Store first and than most other needed FOSS and GPS applications as a user.

In case you want to make your own build with even more applications included, feel free to fork buildbot_treble.sh, modify CUSTOM_PACKAGES and make use of it.

3 Likes

Installation and use work like a charm ! exactly what i was looking for my new FP3, thanks a lot @fwg-cag :fu:
I just have an issue : when i connect my JBL GO speaker with bluetooth, audio out is correctly set , but sound is still coming from phone. How can i have sound from the speaker ?

2 Likes

I’ve got the same bluetooth issue with mit car audio.
Everything else works perfectly.
Thanks a lot @fwg-cag !!!

1 Like

@phg, @in-go: Thank you for your feedback!

On my own device BT works fine, both, with a plantronics headset and an UE ROLL 2 speaker. However, my own device yet runs on a pimped 8901.2.A.0134 firmware, which isn’t the right way forward but at least tells that there are LOS17.1 compliant drivers existing. I can check next Tuesday on another FP3 what happens at the current 8901.3.A.0045 firmware, so please stay tuned & cross the fingers I can reproduce your issue w/o your JBL GO and your car …

Don’t be confused if an OTA update may pop up already before: This would just be the new build with the Oct android security patches…

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer.
I was happy to found this fix, that say to turn off Disable Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload in Developer Options, but it doesn’t work for me : option is grey out, so i turned off and on developer options, and then i could turn off thé option. But after reboot, option came back on and grey out!
So i will wait for tuesday crossing my fingers :smiley:

1 Like

@phg: I was able to reproduce your issue with my BT devices, which connect fine but don’t play the sound. I observed that also the volume button doesn’t change to the volume_music_bt one. Unfortunately, I have no fix for it as I suspect an issue with the 8901.3.A.0045 firmware as the root cause. With the regular Fairphone OS similar issues appear to be reported here. We may have to wait for a firmware update by Fairphone - I’m very sorry :frowning:

@developers in the forum and at Fairphone: Do you have any idea what goes wrong and how to overcome it? I have compared my properly working device and the one on the latest firmware. On the working pimped 8901.2.A.0134 firmware logcat briefly says when configuring the BT hardware:
10-12 09:12:30.094 2018 2159 I bt_stack: [INFO:btif_config.cc(798)] write_checksum_file: Disabled for multi-user, since config changed removing checksums.
10-12 09:12:30.654 2018 2439 W bt_btif : bta_av_open_rc: Using the new AVRCP Profile
while the current 8901.3.A.0045 firmware leads to:
10-06 17:50:41.810 2003 2140 I bt_stack: [INFO:btif_config.cc(798)] write_checksum_file: Disabled for multi-user, since config changed removing checksums.
10-06 17:50:41.815 2003 2410 W bt_stack: [WARNING:metrics.cc(773)] LogClassicPairingEvent: failed for 88:c6:XX:XX:XX:XX, handle 65535, hci_cmd 0x000fffff, hci_event 0x0007, cmd_status 000000, reason 0x0fff, event_value 0, error -19
10-06 17:50:41.844 2003 2410 I bt_stack: [INFO:btsnoop.cc(289)] whitelist_l2c_channel: Whitelisting l2cap channel. conn_handle=2 cid=0x0040:0x03c1
10-06 17:50:41.846 2003 2410 E bt_l2cap: l2cu_adjust_out_mps bad packet size: 0 will use MPS: 0
(…)
10-06 17:50:41.863 2003 2410 W bt_stack: [WARNING:metrics.cc(795)] LogSdpAttribute: failed for 88:c6:XX:XX:XX:XX, protocol_uuid 0x110b, attribute_id 000000, error -19
10-06 17:50:41.863 2003 2410 W bt_stack: [WARNING:metrics.cc(795)] LogSdpAttribute: failed for 88:c6:XX:XX:XX:XX, protocol_uuid 0x110d, attribute_id 0x0009, error -19
10-06 17:50:41.863 2003 2410 W bt_stack: [WARNING:metrics.cc(795)] LogSdpAttribute: failed for 88:c6:XX:XX:XX:XX, protocol_uuid 0x0019, attribute_id 0x0004, error -19
(…)
10-06 17:50:41.924 2003 2410 W bt_btif : bta_av_rc_create: Skipping RC creation for the old AVRCP profile

3 Likes

An OTA update is available featuring the Oct 2020 Android/LineageOS security patches.

5 Likes

I really enjoy using this ROM. I have just one problem: I can’t change the volume of notifications. It doesn’t matter whether volume is completely down or up, I always get very loud notifications.
I can however switch off sound (or turn on vibration) by tapping on the bell symbol.
Is there something I can do about this?

1 Like

@juri.gagarin.ii: Sorry for my late reply. I’m unable to reproduce your issue. Both, with notification and ring volume linked and unlinked, I’m able to control the notification volume, e.g. the power plugin sound. Could you provide me more details?

First let me say thanks for your work here @fwg-cag
I also experienced issues with notification sound level but didn’t dig further here (muting seems to work)
I am using the FP3+ and upgraded the os before installing your rom btw.
What really seems to be a Problem on my side ist that mountin a micro SD card works only as internal (private). When I try using the card as a regular public micro SD card the partition stops at 20% and android still tells that there is a Problem with the card (tried different cards and repartitioning).
Even when I partition the SD card in ADB shell (sm partition disk:xx,yy public) system still is not recognizing the card.
“sm list-volumes” shows the Volume as “unmountable”
Any ideas here?

1 Like

I’m really interested in this project. After several bad experiences with deleting all user data and reinstall all apps needed (including banking apps, which has to be reactivated via a more or less complex procedure…), I try to avoid this time consuming monkey business. Is there a chance to switch from latest FP3 stock (A54) to your GSI 17.1 without “fastboot -w”? I want to get rid of the original google infrastructure…

1 Like

@coricelesti: I have checked your SD card issue with both of my phones. On the pimped 8901.2.A.0134 firmware, an SD card works fine, however, indeed on the 8901.3.A.0045 and the latest 8901.3.A.0054 the SD card doesn’t work. The current FP3 Android firmware appears to have various issues, and this could be one of them. I’m inclined to wait for their first bug-fix release before digging deeper for the BT and this SD issues.

I have also tried to reproduce the notification issue now under A.0054 - but all works fine here :-/

@frank-bxl: I’m sorry to tell you that you won’t get around wiping your userdata partition. This is part of the Android security system. When you come from the stock ROM, you need to disable verity to enable any custom ROM such as this GSI to boot; and this step triggers the need to wipe the userdata partition.

I’m not sure, but you might succeed to temporary fastboot boot twrp.img (donnot install!) and perform a backup of your userdata on an SD card. After installing the GSI, temporary boot TWRP again and restore your backup to the wiped userdata partition. I haven’t gone that route, and I have no clue it works …

1 Like

Thank you for the news - maybe I’ll dare to try this procedure. I’ll call again, and report the result.

@frank-bxl, @coricelesti: Out of TWRP access to the SD card works without a problem despite the issues with the current A10 firmware …

@frank-bxl: All the best :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your development efforts! :+1:

1 Like

It’s not really a consolation but the A10/Q-beta version of /e/ appears to face the same BT issue: https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/2036

2 Likes

No problem, this time it’s me who is late :wink:
I have solved the issue by setting the phone to vibration and put it on a wooden table…
I don’t know what information you need, of course I will try to provide every information you need.
What I noticed further is an audio problem with Signal: after each start I have to turn up volume to hear the other person during a video call from the speaker. But if the volume of the phone itself is already high, there is no room for turning up the volume. So I have to turn the volume down, initiate video call and turn volume up. Strange, but I got used to it…

1 Like

There is another report on too loud notifications here:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/notification-volume-on-fp3/66775?u=juri.gagarin.ii

1 Like

@juri.gagarin.ii: Thanks for your feedback and the link. So, the notification volume problem appears to happen /a/ with the stock FP3 ROM as well, and /b/ not with all devices … I don’t want to appear lazy, but I think I will wait for some bug-fix firmware release.

2 Likes