[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 16.0 for FP3

No. Please don’t. Last time I did this it stopped my phone from booting. Moreover, I doubt you need it.

1 Like

twrp ← LineageOS :wink: .

1 Like

From what I know this is very uncommon in Android system development. Because the combination of git repos is managed with an extra tool repo where you define this in xml files.

As I mentioned the apks are taken from the repository. Before the recent update they didn’t update it for quite a long time. However as it is easy to update I think it’s not that important. Btw. it’s similar with google services which can also be updated in that way.

1 Like

You’re right, twrp is already official. Still, i don’t think the twrp app is helpful. I was using it in my fp2 for some time, until i got rid of it

OK, I am not so familiar with Android system development. I guess then you could define a specific version/commit ID in the XML such that an update requires a commit to the XML file?

Does anybody know if using LineageOS will fix the annoying bluetooth issues while trying to connect to different car audio systems?
(e.g. 🇩🇪 FP3 bluetooth problem with Ford SYNC3)

You wrote in the linked thread that it works with eelo which is based on LineageOS, if that’s indeed the case it should™ work with a bare LineageOS.

Did you read this?

Android 10 avaible mid september.
Is it possible to get lineage 17 then for FP3 here?
1 Like

Welcome to the community forum.

No need for Heise in this case, and no need for German sources in an English topic in this case :wink:

Got the MicroG version installed over a GSI I was running, works like a charm. Thanks devs! Was much more straight-forward compared to the previous ROM I was using :slight_smile:

I have included an open-source kernel module backport for exfat filesystem support in our kernel tree. My first tests on a new SDcard with exfat were ok. I believe this solution suits us better than the stock texfat closed-source module apparently provided by Tuxera. Feel free to test the new change and comment on what you think.

6 Likes

:+1:
very cool that you guys value open source in every direction!

How is battery consumption with that ROM? I have installed lineageOS on several other devices, and mostly battery consumption is significantly higher than using the original ROM.

Hi there,
can you guys tell if the LOS 16 you made for Fairphone 3 will run on Fairphone 3+ too? Or is the architecture different there?

They are exactly the same. No difference in the core module. So yes.

2 Likes

You may need an upgrade to support the new camera in LOS but that applies as well to an FP3 with upgraded camera.

1 Like

I have amazing battery time but I am more of a standby user than a power user
But there is no mysterious battery drain.

1 Like

Lol - that sounds like me! Thanks for the information. So I’ll wait if the upcoming FP3-update will solve my Bluetooth problems. Otherwise I’ll give LOS a chance.

Between 20 and 25% of battery per day, I can easily be 3 days without charging my phone (wifi and 4G always on except during night, in plane mode). It is awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since some users reported to have problems with their banking apps after installing open Gapps with magisk, I decided to go for the disable-verity solution with a non-rooted LOS. I can say that ALL of my banking- and similar apps are working perfectly fine. I am an experienced user of LOS on a variety of devices (with root and without root) and know which of my apps are the typical ‘troublemakers’. NONE of these apps had any problems when installing open Gapps with the disable-verity solution. I would therefore recommend to anyone planning to use this LOS with open Gapps to FIRST try the disable-verity solution and only if this does not work go for the magisk solution (except if you want to root your phone anyway).

In case you wonder how to use the disable-verity solution: Install the SDK Platform tools on your PC (minimal adb/fastboot is not enough) and then perform the commands

• adb disable-verity
  • adb reboot ‘dm-verity enforcing’

from your PC directly after installing open Gapps, while your phone is still in TWRP.

I made sure that my phone was NOT rooted (I even flashed Magisk uninstaller to be on the safe side). Also, some banking apps check if developer options are enabled and do not work if this is the case. Therefore, I would always recommend to disable developer options when installing one of these picky apps.

Please note that there is a reason why many banks make sure that their apps can only be run on ‘secure’ phones, so perform any of these steps on your own risk!

If other users can confirm my experiences, it might make sense to update the open Gapps instructions in the introduction text.

6 Likes