Restarts, reboot, but still problems with google play

Hello,

it’s me again with some problems that are really annoying since i can’t rely on my phone anymore: Even after performing a hard reset, several restarts and trying to install a google-apk from chip online,

1. the google installer icon is still grey
  2. some apps shut down immediately after they are opened
  3. i get all kinds of “google … stopped”-information
  4. It seems like my mobile internet is not working; I could not recieve calls (works now)

As I said, I already tried to reboot the phone/perform a reset, restart it, clear the cache of the google-apps, uninstalled updates and so on.
I went trough all the topics that seem to be useful but found no way to fix all those problems; it would be great if someone could help me out.

edit: my updater says I’m using hazelnut 1.7 and there are no updates available, is that correct?

Hello @Leon1

Please contact the support team with your problem. If possible include the content of /cache/recovery after having tried a gapps install. From the sounds of it the gapps install is failing but you already have some gapps updates installed. The 1.7 hazelnut release is the correct release. It was a minor updated release compared to 1.6 that will not be pushed to all the phones until we release a combined 1.8 release.

@keesj So some people received a Fairphone OS 1.7 (apparently called hazelnut)? I haven’t heard of it, was there something I missed?

Hi @Leon1,

For problems that cannot be answered in the forum, you should write them directly to our customer support by filling out a form at www.fairphone.com/asksupport.

@Stefan - v1.7 was a version of the OS sent out with some new phones in the recent time period but v1.8 is upcoming in the next weeks as our latest software update.

[quote=“joe, post:4, topic:2934”]v1.7 was a version of the OS sent out with some new phones in the recent time period but v1.8 is upcoming in the next weeks as our latest software update.
[/quote]
Good to know, to see if there are correlations between software version and issues. Thanks for clarifying! :slight_smile: