🇬🇧 🇫🇷 Recovery mode unavailable [français en dessous]

Hi everyone,
I’m trying to install /e/ (eelo) on my brand-new FP2.
I have already install twrp via adb fastboot but now I’m stuck because I can’t go to recovery mode.
When I press POWER and VOL UP simultaneously, I have a resting android robot with his belly open and a red sign in it. Under this *!%$ robot, I can read: “aucune commande” (excuse my french: “no command”).
What can I do to access this recovery mode and install /e/? I really don’t want android on my lovely FP2.

Have a great day everyone !

[français]
Salut Ă  tous !

Je souhaite installer /e/ sur mon tout nouveau FP2.
J’ai réussi à installer TWRP avec adb fastboot tout ça, mais lorsque je veux booter en recovery mode, en appuyant sur Vol + et Power, je ne tombe que sur une image du robot d’Android avec le ventre ouvert : “aucune commande”.
Je suis bloquée, je ne sais pas bien quoi faire pour enfin accéder à ce mode et installer /e/.

Merci d’avance et bonne journée à tous !

This is what the default recovery mode looks like. Pressing Power + Vol-Up while on this screen should open the menu options, though that’s not of much further use. As you’re getting default recovery, this:

didn’t work. The most common cause for this is not rebooting into recovery immediately after fastboot mode. As per the comment on the TWRP install guide:

Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use […] the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don’t follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.

3 Likes

So simple ! thank you !

Yeah I saw, that’s why it was so annoying to not find this recovery mode…

This TWRP guide is very well conceived !

Thank you !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.