Reboot after downgrade lasts too long

Hello,
i actually downgraded my FP2 manually to Android 7.1. After invoking the flash-script in linux it submitted all files, announced a “flashing successfull” an rebooted the phone. some 20 seconds later it shows the Fairphone-logo with the 4 blue blinking dots. It lasts some 20 minutes! until i pressed the powerbutton for a reboot. Now it shows the same screen with the blue dots.
Any Ideas what went wrong? And what can i do now?

any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance

Berlinuxer

Which OS file exactly did you use for the downgrade?

Assuming the correct file was used, the support pages for the manual install state that user data will not be erased, while in general it seems Android doesn’t react too well to a data partition which was in use by a higher Android version, so a missing data wipe while downgrading would probably lead to what you describe.

You could try a factory reset in recovery mode, or a clean install from scratch … 🇬🇧 🇩🇪 ✏ Installing the Fairphone 2 from scratch in case of failure / Komplette Neuinstallation des Fairphone 2 im Fehlerfall

4 Likes

I used the file fp2-gms-19.11.2-manually-v2.
A factory-reset, as you suggested, helped! i read a “Hallo” on the display with the blue cloudy background
Thank you for the help

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.