Re-install Fairphone OS

Hi all,
after two or three months of LinageOS I would like to go back to Fairphone OS. Why?

• I found that the update to version 18.1 (Android 11) has a negative impact on battery life. If I was able to get through the day very well with Android 10, I often have to recharge the phone in the afternoon with Android 11.
  • The handling of external storage has also worsened in my opinion and makes it difficult or even impossible to use external storage for many apps.

A downgrade with Lineage OS would be possible, but I could not get the security updates. That’s why I want to go back to Fairphone OS full of regret.

But how can I do that?

The hardware reset with the volume keys does not work, of course. Unfortunately, I can only find a manual with TWARP for /e/os. LinageOS uses a different boat loader, and the instructions are only roughly fitting. Have any of you ever migrated back to Fairphone OS? Ideas?

Regards!

Have you had a look at this?

3 Likes

@urs_lesse Thanks! looks like exactly what I was looking for! I’ll give it a try!

I’d just like to share some glitches:

• the setup with the batch file was straightforward and fast.
  • after first rebooting, the smartphone hangs. The message described something like damaged. OS. Don’t panic. I did choose factory reset and the phone rebooted.

What is a quite annoying is the fact that the Google backup does not work. Even though I backed up with Google-One before reinstalling, the installation just got stuck. Even after hours, downloading the apps and installing them did nothing. Restarts don’t help either. At some point, I didn’t know what else to do and cancelled the app download, and now I’m sitting there having to set up my 40 apps again. Annoying, but not the fault of Fairphone, but Google.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.