Random Screen dimming (while brightness slider stays at 100%) after A12 update

fully agree with @Dubbeglas . Maybe @anon9989719 can explain whether FP puts an sentence like “dont read anything in our own user forum!!” into the job description of their social media manager.

4 Likes

@all off topic, please back to the topic.
If one wants to ping FP they are free to do so, the person itself would have to prevent this, we dont know what they do or not do.

2 Likes

As said off topic, so my last word on this, in this topic, is a quote

This topic is not a ‘software update’ but a user generated compliant. As yvmuell said, " we dont know what they do or not do."

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Communicating with the users

i am not sure about this. But anyhow, we have tried it relatively friendly for more than 5 month (!) which didnt make them act anywhere close to acceptably quick. so increasing the pressure is adequate i guess. The alternative would be to return my phone and go back to Samsung etc. and telling everybody to NOT buy a fairphone - I feel sad thinking about this option. But it’s not fair at all to abuse the kindness and tolerance of the idealistic user community, thats whats happening here.

6 Likes

If anyone want to discuss Fairphones communication policy or reaction on complains further do it in the other topic that isnt at all helpful to solve this issue.

3 Likes

My apologies.

Quick tip: if you use NewPipe to watch YoiuTube videos (you should…) and your display suddenly goes dark ala FairPhone 4 bug when you flip the phone, be aware that NewPipe has separate brightness settings for portrait and landscape modes. Not the FairPhone’s fault this time :slight_smile:

Just received info from fp helpdesk on my ticket:

I can assure you that our quality, product and technical teams are fully aware of the suggestions made on the forum.
Currently, the experts in our Software Team are investigating the issue and are liaising with the manufacturer to find the quickest possible solution. I appreciate your patience and cooperation so far.

10 Likes

How long are they going to investigate the cause of the problem? Also a way of saying they have no idea so far.
They should have tested properly before rolling out the update. I can’t imagine that no one noticed it, since only a few minutes in a bright environment are enough.
I’m starting to feel really screwed as a customer.

3 Likes

As someone who lives near the arctic circle, I’m thankfully qiute unaffected, as the summer rarely gets hot for more than 5 minutes here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Communicating with the users

Yep, same problem here.
This should have been solved months ago. Fairphone really needs to up their game in their software support for both bugs, security and Android updates.

3 Likes

As a customer and affected person I agree that it should be solved as fast as possible.
But heaving read all the posts above I’m quite sure it must be solved by a firmware vendor fix and assume this is one of the reasons FP couldn’t deliver a solution quickly.

5 Likes

Maybe, but thats no excuse att all. I would assume that most if not all smartphone manufacturer have issues with vendor firmware, but they assure that they are fixed within reasonable time. Fairphone have been around for a while now and it’s their 4 phone so these problems shouldn’t exist.

Excuses are like buttholes, everybodys got em.

3 Likes

Firms like Apple or Samsung can kind of force a third party manufacturer to solve a problem, Fairphone I guess ist allowed to ask.

2 Likes

@ all again off topic.

1 Like

thanks @DonFnord

2 Likes

Fortunately, it is known that Fairphone does not read the C’t, just like the forum.
If C’t had contacted support, they might have been helped :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yesterday I installed the June update (Build FP4.SP2G.B079.20230624). I can confirm that the issue has NOT yet been resolved in this update.