Radiation from phone use

Hi there,

I have a question about what fairphone are doing and what more they and us as a community can do to:

• Make customers aware of the risk of negative effects of radiation.
  • develop the hardware to emit less radiation.

If you look at the information out there, its clear we are sitting on a public health epidemic, suppressed by the industry, particularly with regard to brain cancer.

http://showthefineprint.org/

1 Like

I am sorry, but you are mistaken.

This is a medical issue - TED talks and long-discredited researchers like Devra Davis and her private misinformation outfit don’t make the strong case you think they’re making.

Every comprehensive and well-controlled study that has ever been done into links between mobile phone radiation and health has shown that there is no statistically significant link between the two. Anyone claiming otherwise is talking out their backside.

4 Likes

OK well thanks for the reply. Its just hard to know who to trust on this. Are you saying its therefore perfectly safe to use a handset close to the head for any person no matter how much usage? surely there are some health effects of this radiation

While in science it is impossible to ever say that something is 100% certain, we have been testing this claim over and over again ever since the WHO started the International EMF Project in 1996, and every solid study and metastudy has given us the same answer: phone radiation has no detectable health effects. We’re still studying it to make sure effects don’t suddenly pop up because we’ve been using these devices for too long or because people are using them differently now or quick charge hardware is harmful - and again, no effect has been evident.

And if that’s the bar we use to define something as safe or unsafe, yes, it’s safe.

2 Likes

Cigarettes was healthy you know - mammon makes everyone blind so they can get there share - and many people are just seeking some confirmation from someone that seems legit to deny everything else. Because they love there lies and they don’t really want to know the truth.

Anyway… I think we have more then enough research to sound the alarm on these things - although I use them. I know they physically can be the cause of pain in my body - and a blind test should be able to confirm that.

So whatever people say, I know it has a direct effect on me - and seems to me like the cigarette business all over again. Money money money - it is the same with the Medical Mafia - money money money keeps workers blind, the the people too. Corruption is found everywhere in our society.

Dearly Regards

• DarkiJah

It had been known for decades that tobacco use was unhealthy, but massive ad campaigns and political corruption permitted the tobacco companies to pretend otherwise. This is not the case for phone radiation - there has never been an example of the negative effects of phone radiation, and decades of scientific research have not changed that fact.

Please cite the research you’re referring to.

This is not the place to proselytise, it’s a forum about smartphones.

2 Likes

Googling “tin foil hat”

1 Like

There’s something for everyone!

I’m sure the knife like pain that I can get from a active mobile is just all in my head. - I sometimes wonder what sanity is left in you people.

Indeed but kinda expensive - some people seems to need to take extreme measures to get around in there day.
Well, I don’t think we can just push it off as tin foiled hat things - but Mobiles is a very VERY big business so there is of cause the incentive to not destroy that. Think about it, do you think the money making people want to ruin a multi billion industry? Of cause not, and then who cares if there is health concerns.

I mostly have my Phone in 3G as that seems to be by the instrument used the least of the settings that gives off radiation. On 4G it just max out the analog to red lights when it is close to it, and 2G surprisingly is worse then 3G according to the Instrument. So, mostly I run in 3G mode. Clearly an activated downloading and uploading mobile is worse then when it does nothing as far as my experience goes with it. So if you want to have a greater risk of issues trying things out scientifically - have the mobile be really active, downloading or uploading things from the internet.

Anyway, that’s all from me - Take care

• DarkiJah

P.S I have my whole sleeping room painted black with that special paint - although I don’t know if the paint could be worse then the radiation - but it does seem to lower it considerably in the room. Although you don’t want to have an active thing inside of it as it might then just turn up the strength of the mobile or whatever to get signal or send it. So be aware of that :slight_smile:

I linked that website as a joke, because I perceive it as being run by grifters looking to profit off people’s mistaken fear of EMF radiation.

Before you question our sanity, please cite the research you referred to earlier. Again, there has been an incredible amount of research into this topic with no evidence of a link between phone radiation and health.

I don’t think we’re going to resolve our differences in perception in this forum thread. But please do not discount the scientific consensus in favour of crackpot outfits and anecdotal evidence, and if you experience knife-like pains as you describe, please contact a physician. And please don’t let frauds (like those at the link I posted) profit off your fears.

Nonsense but when the companies do the same thing and fund the research and manipulate it and then show it to people - and call the rest of them not valid and hogwash. I guess you can just look up the warning found in the Apple phones hidden in them?

to confirm that mobiles do indeed have an effect on us and go from there.
And if you have an apple phone you should be able to confirm it is really in there.

Argh now the writing window is stuck and I can’t see more of responses to quote them :confused: It seems to have gone underneath the top bar.

Money corrupts wicked people and the world is filled with dark hearted people who will close there eyes as long as the price is good enough.

While a warning inside of a smartphone is not a reliable source of information, please tell me about this warning, as I’m not familiar with it.

You’ll get no fight from me there, but scientific conclusion aren’t decided upon in a volcano lair by a cabal of eye-patched scientists. It’s an open endeavour, replicable and based on empiricism. You can replicate any piece of research if you want to to verify the results, and this is done often.

You said this earlier, but now you seem to have changed your mind as you’re saying the scientific consensus is unreliable. Which is it?

1 Like

Maybe - for everyone interested in this topic - the information provided by the EMF Project by the WHO is of some interest.
Generally the WHO is not suspect to downplaying any health risks.
They are in agreement with the statements by @robbert.f and do still develop further research into EMF and mobile phones.

And this page from 2014

But the WHO also has this information on EHS (electromagnetic hypersensitivity).

Conclusions

EHS is characterized by a variety of non-specific symptoms that differ from individual to individual. The symptoms are certainly real and can vary widely in their severity. Whatever its cause, EHS can be a disabling problem for the affected individual. EHS has no clear diagnostic criteria and there is no scientific basis to link EHS symptoms to EMF exposure. Further, EHS is not a medical diagnosis, nor is it clear that it represents a single medical problem.

Well, in the end there is still some uncertainty.

And - just my individual viewpoint of course - I won’t blame anyone for being cautious; especially as long as it doesn’t affect others.

Edit:
Just some typo correction.

1 Like

Again, based on what?

You can cast aspersions about evil money-hungry scientists all day long, but you’re not clarifying what you’re basing these statements on. You call the scientific consensus ‘debunked,’ but how and by whom? Vague references to paganism are not enough - these are real life effects with real life consequences. What are the reasons you are convinced of these things?

Please keep on topic. We’re not discussing the veracity of evolutionary theory, we’re talking about phone radiation and its effects.

Please provide the evidence you mention. Evidence matters massively to me, and I am eager to learn.

Getting hugely censored on this forum - I think we can both agree that this is not for me. I don’t want to throw more of my time out the window.
I’ve had my posts edited, moved, deleted and closed the moved subject and censored on so many levels - this place is clearly not for me to continue on. 4 posts reported and hidden just in this topic.

Mate, you keep changing the subject, bringing up religious matters and insulting people. This is not a matter of free speech - you’re on a forum where we talk about smartphones and fair electronics. Keep to the topic at hand and you’ll not be censored.

We can end the discussion if you want, we haven’t been getting anywhere.

1 Like

While I understand your frustration, I just want to correct 2 things:

• Moving postings to another topic to keep discussions on the point is in ther interest of everyone and not censoring, as long as it does not change context, which was not the case.
  • Flagging postings by users is no censoring either, unless a moderator deletes the posting.

If your posts were edited without this being documented and explained, this would really be tough in my opinion. And I would disagree with such action.

And I am in fact rather critic to closing active topics, unless there really is a valid reason like hate speach. And again, this should be explained.

Finally, I would say, that you could have been more polite in some of your postings and your argumentation were rather statements than explanations and those statements totally lacked sources.
Unfortunately, that is hardly a base for discussion in a rather tech- and science-oriented forum like this.

So, I guess you are right, that this forum might no be for you.
Sorry.

Edit:
I see only now, that the topic was closed, while I wrote this posting. Sorry again.

1 Like