Prototyping Shield with charging port (e.g. QI)

I am interested and would take one. Are the chips already soldered on? Because i don’t have much experience there…

Also: Do you also have a case where this all fits in? I remember seeing you posting something like that.

2 Likes

@Drezil That`s cool :slight_smile: If you want the components placed I could do that :slight_smile:

I don`t have a case for this pcb but I will make one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

PCB just goes out to PCB-Service :slight_smile:

If you eant to increase your soldering skills, or need somthing soldered, just text me. Looks like it would not be a long drive as your are located close to me :wink:

2 Likes

Here you can see a few functionalities the PCB has on board :slight_smile:
Hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, the PIRAFONE 2 has become a reality! :smiley: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CC @Stanzi

4 Likes

Ouhhh shit :crying_cat_face::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil: I will change that :smiley:

2 Likes

any updates? :wink:

twentychars

1 Like

PCBs are produced and will be shipped :slight_smile:
Parts should have been delivered but I wasn’t at home since monday…
And today I will order the stencil to get a good soldering result !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

good to hear. :slight_smile:

i just wanted a heads up, because i cannot wait to tinker with it :wink:

1 Like

That’s allways nice to hear !! :slight_smile:
I thought about programming an app to get a feeling for the serial communication :slight_smile:

This is what it will look on your phone:

Hope you like it !! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

looks great.

I already have my qi-charger ready and think about installing magnets for an usb-adapter-cable (like the macbook-plugs), so i can use my keyboard on my phone :wink:

2 Likes

I’m pretty excited how big the hole PCB will get in the end :smiley:

Okey do you have a sketch or so ? :slight_smile: sounds pretty cool !! :smiley:

But you know that the reciever circuit is not part of the PCB …

Why haven’t you linked to the Hackaday.io page for this yet? Or is that against forum rules?

2 Likes

He did, in the right thread:

3 Likes

You are right the hackaday-page is about both projects !! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Drezil I got myself this little guy !! :slight_smile:

Potential use for the prototyping shield:

-> IR communication ( https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ir-communication )
-> adding environmental sensors like LDRs or air pressure sensor (temperature sensor allready included)
=> basicly you can add allmost every sensor
-> doing some light shows with the build in 8 blue LEDs or the WS2812B (also on the board)

=> so basicly the use cases are allmost endless and you can build whatever you like

5 Likes

I finished the designe of the new case for the DIY-extension and ordered it on shapeways !! :slight_smile:
I think sls-printing will work much better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That case looks great :slight_smile:

My QI-Reciever is a bit different, but seems similar from the dimensions so it might also fit into that casing …

care to share the model for that?

For all others interested: Thats a little QI-Reciever from Amazon for upgrading your device (thus the micro-usb-adapter at the bottom).

I’m glad that this slowly takes shape :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Drezil,
I think all of those reciever-PCBs are quite similar :slight_smile:
I hope this fits, but I took almost every free space in my case, so that`s the best I can do for now.

Yeah sure it will be offered on shapeways!!

I tried printing such phonecases so many times but it seems it doesn`t work with FDM-printing … But SLS on Shapeways should be working nicely !! :slight_smile:

This is link for the shop: http://shpws.me/Pm3A

Here I’m selling the variations of the cases but it’s more or less the price you would normally pay on shapeways plus about 1,5€ ( for further develompent ). I hope this is okey for potential buyers of this case :slight_smile:

1 Like