Protective case - black/green vs. blue

Yeah, I wasn’t terribly keen on the black - that’s just a bit boring, isn’t it? :slight_smile: I would have preferred a slightly “calmer” blue, or a dark red. Oh well, can’t always get what you want! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes a dark red, burgundy maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Enlargement of the phone case issue

I have a question: are the buttons supposed to click (like with the included band) when using the protective case?

Because I brought a blue one and using the buttons with it is awful. I get no physical or audiable feedback at all, it feels like I’m pushing down on a solid device. I have an app that turns on the flashlight when both volume buttons are pressed and it’s easy with the band but very difficult with the protective case.

I actually started using the band and disregarding the expensive protective case because of this.

Hi

No clicking, just pressure. The clicking is the actual buttons, if you can feel it through the case. I have the green case, which is a different material and I can sense the clicking of the buttons.

1 Like

The buttons work but I can’t feel or hear them when using the protective case. Only with the band.

It seems that the green would have better (or at least more elastic) material. The blue is stiff and pressing the buttons also feels very, very stiff.

1 Like

Hi

I don’t know how long you have had the case ~ within 14 days you can return for a refund else the case has a 2 year warranty, if there’s ‘problem’ with it.

1 Like

I ordered direct from the site and I like the case enough otherwise that I think I might just fix it by modifying it. Best case it’ll be like I want it, worse case I have a case I wasn’t using.

1 Like

Like amoun, I can feel the clicking well through the green protective case. However, you are probably aware the green case has not been changed yet to 100 % recycled as the blue and black versions have, so the material might have slightly differing characteristics.

3 Likes

May I ask you about decoloring? I would be interested in buying the green case but some time ago I read on a post that it quickly turns yellowish. Thanks

My green case is not showing any sign of decoloring after 7 months of use, it’s just starting to collect limited dark stains (I haven’t wet wiped it very often) near the transition from flat to curve. Note this is the green case before it also went 100 % recycled plastics.

My green case is the original and is over a year old. It has stretched a bit but the phone is secure and it has not discoloured.

I work with soil and oil so it I have had to clean it, but it is definitely green and no shade of yellow. Mind you yellow, if it was bright, would be fine by me.

Thanks for your feedback! (I think the green cover is still the only one not made with 100% recycled plastics)

1 Like

You probably noticed already, but just to make sure: Just today a 30€ discount was announced.

2 Likes

Yes so they say ? but

Made with 37% biomaterials and non-toxic plastic
https://shop.fairphone.com/en/accessories/fairphone-3-protective-case-green

Thanks! Looking at the display side it seems as bulk as the original bumper, I hoped it was a little thinner… I will buy the blue or green one soon anyway :slight_smile:

Sure it is really a bumper with a back :slight_smile: Mind you maybe the bumper were even fatter.

1 Like

didn’t notice thanks again!

Regarding bumper vs. protective case: I would say the bumper sits a little bit tighter on the phone simply because its construction allows so – unlike the protective case, you can (and should) take off the bumper towards the front of the phone (not possible with the case because it has a back). This makes it easier to take it off, thus allowing a slightly tighter sitting. It might also make the whole thing less bulky, however that might be more down to the fact that there’s no back, so you get to feel the “net” phone thickness only (index finger gets to rest on the back cover, not the case).

With regard to the colours, I have now gotten ahold of a blue case and I would definitely call the hue smurf blue. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.