English

Programming Data to turn off at night

Hi,

I am happy with my fairphone 3, and try to extend the life battery to the maximum.
I don’t turn off the phone at night, but usually turn the wifi and data off manually. I also activated the sleep mode that turns everything grey after a certain hour and puts the “do not disturb” mode on.
I am looking for a way to automatically turn off the data after at the same time, because I forget to do it sometimes or don’t want to go to the screen just for this (I 've got big some eye strain).

Any idea ? I haven’t found online… maybe IFFT but is there more simple ?

I assume you will need a tasker app for this like e.g. Macrodroid

2 Likes

But you leave the bluetooth and NFC transmitters and receivers on??
If you use the ‘Do not disturb’ are you seem happy not to receive calls and notifications.

If that is the case just enable aeroplane mode, which switches of, (network, wifi, bluetooth and nfc)

One click at some time in the evening :slight_smile:

I use about 2% to 3% battery over a long night. Sometimes I don’t turn it on first thing in the morning and that’s 3% for 12hours

1 Like

Unfortunately afaik you’ll need root to turn on/off mobile data by an app.

1 Like

And root your phone for using macrodroid system actions

I am sorry I did not answer you guys,
Thanks a lot for your answers.

So in the end it seems that there is no solution to my question without rooting the phone. I don’t know what eneregy consumption would be reduced by such an app but I think that would be important if a lot were to use it :

I guess when you go to sleep you don’t want to be disturbed by notifications (that is why the “do not disturb mode” exists) but you still wanna be warned if someone calls you (that is why I keep my phone one). If you only keep the phone on without data, very little battery is lost, if you keep it all, sometimes the phone is empty in the morning.

I’ll try to learn how to use IFTT then, but like @amoun said, you really can save a lot :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update.

I think the data power usage is only down to apps continually checking for updates and notifications. There is no extra radio transmitter that activates that could use more power.

Generally I would switch to aeroplane mode and keep the wifi calling on at night. With a stronger wifi signal than network the phone doesn’t have to use so much power to communicate.

Anyway who needs a programme or really wants one when you can turn data off when you don’t want it?