Power bank for the Fairphone 3(+) that certainly works?

My E.foundation Fairphone 3 became a doorstop/useless after charging it with a cheap but highly reviewed power bank. It would not charge at all anymore and I had to send it to e-foundation for repairs, since I had bought it there.

Wanted to please know if anyone had bought and successfully used a power bank that I could easily order online? Actually charged their Fairphone 3 with it mean. I live in Berlin. I asked Fairphone directly but have received no answer to that question.

I just ordered the two camera upgrades and a spare battery to make my Fairphone 3 into a Fairphone 3+ I guess, though I doubt that matters in terms of battery pack.

What power bank did you buy? What happened?

I think a FP3 does not equate to a FP3+ by adding cameras, i think the motherboard and speaker modules are different

1 Like

Without knowing the technical details of what happened the question is whether the power bank was actually at fault, and how.

For what it’s worth, I have and use an Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000mAh … https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01NBQX0O5

I believe Anker and Belkin are the most reputable. Maybe also PNY.

From an ethical perspective I never fail to mention Waka-Waka
Charging via solar panel as well.
And by buying one of their products (excluding accessories), “you support in giving a solar light to someone without electricity access.

5 Likes

I’ve used an Anker powerbank (powercore 20100) many times with my FP3. No problems here.

Best wishes,

Michiel

This topic was automatically closed after 182 days. New replies are no longer allowed.