Poll: How well does the new Updater App work?

Did you have any problems updating with the new updater app?
I’m asking this question because the new updater app was introduced (with 1.8.5+) to make the update process smoother. I think it really did and most problems that occurred in the last days were not “the updater app’s fault”.

Pick the sentence that is most applicable to your experience with the new updater app:

• I didn’t use the updater app. (didn’t update to 1.8.5 yet or did it manually.)
  • I never had any problems with updates, neither with the new nor with the old updater app.
  • I had problems with previous updates but not with the new updater app.
  • I had problems with the storage upgrade because of the buggy storage upgrader that was retracted on May 20th. (fix came May 22nd)
  • I was stuck without Google apps after using the above mentioned buggy storage upgrader. (fix came may 27th.)
  • I had big problems unrelated to the buggy storage upgrader.
  • I had little problems, which I didn’t have with earlier updates.
  • I had the same little problems I also had with earlier updates.
  • I first had problems updating, because of missing information (e.g. I need wifi to update; I should tick “stay awake”) but with help by support or the forum it worked well.

0 voters

1 Like

Too many options!!! The lesser the options, the higher your quality of life:
Find happiness in a hectic world

2 Likes

Well I’m sorry if my poll makes people unhappy. :wink:

4 Likes

I voted for the 7th (I think… :wink: too many to count…) option because at first the screen did not stay on. I did not know of the “stay awake” option by then, so I kept stroking my touchscreen, so it would not go to sleep… :wink:

1 Like

I voted for the second options because I never had problems updating even with the beta releases, but I don’t use GApps so I suppose this saves me a lot :stuck_out_tongue: moreover I normally use the phone during files downloading so I think I was lucky not suffering of the “screen off” problem :wink:

2 Likes

Me too.
The way it looks so far either mostly GAPPS-free people answered the poll or there are must also exist some google users who never had problems updating. :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t have any problems with it, but I’ve never had any serious problems.
I really like the new look and how GApps installation is integrated now.

3 Likes

@paulakreuzer Indeed, I am one of the Google users and never had problems with the upgrades. Only installed the official upgrades and unified storage. Not enough software savvy for al this experimenting.

2 Likes

I had a minor problem by updating manually before the official update message was sent out. At that point the link saying which update to use was confusing.
And yes I use google apps. No problem with updating google apps.

2 Likes