Please help me! Can't receive calls =(

Hi dear members, i have an issue with my fairphone.
I’ve been unable to consistently receive calls, I think the reason is that the phone keeps disconnecting from the network. It seems a common problem here.
Yesterday i tested a bit and i received 4/11 calls, 7 times i receive an SMS after few minutes from the phone operator saying that i had just received a call.
Sometimes i am unable to navigate the web too since there’s no network: i fear the same is happening with calls, i can’t receive them because there’s no consistent connection to the network.
The issue appeared a few months ago, i changed phone operator (thinking that was the problem) and SIM slot but the problem reappeared. Also, the problem seems to be unrelated to the location i am in.
I fear there’s something wrong with settings or the antenna? What do you think i should do? I really would like to avoid changing phone.

1 Like

You could open the phone and check for a loose antennae connector.

1 Like

Thanks DeepSea, i didn’t see anything out of place…

1 Like

I’ve been having exactly the same problems for around a month now, and I thought the mobile data problems and calls were unrelated, but they actually perhaps are. I have tried changing SIM slots as well, I have tried another SIM card, and a lot more of troubleshooting. Exporting all my contacts, suppressing them, then importing them back seems to have solved the problem about phone calls not coming through. I’ll try @DeepSea’s advice about the antenna, and I am going to have the opportunity to test another core-module, so I’ll keep you updated (I also have other core-module related problems I think. @SimoNeedle, do you experience battery draining problems?)

1 Like

Don’t panic!
FP2 will do this eventually but it should be an easy fix. This happens because the contacts in the FP2 are silver and tarnish over time - especially if it has encountered damp environments.
Open the phone, remove the battery and separate the screen module from the rest of the phone (I think there is a video on the FP website showing how this is done). You will see silver contact patches on the back of the screen module corresponding to sprung contacts on the rest of the module pack. Use isopropanol alcohol (available on the internet, possibly from your chemist and often included in impregnated wipes for electronic work) on a cotton bud to clear the tarnishing off the silver pads and contacts. Once dry (a matter of moments) reassemble the phone and all should work. The network antenna contacts are the 3 tiny ones in a line at the edge of the screen module so make sure you clean them.
The proviso is that opening your phone to undertake any repair or clean it is done at your own risk and I don’t know what I’m talking about (but it works for me).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.