Please detect card to NFC

Hello, I want to do the ID check for digid on my fairphone 3. It seems like NFC is not working.: please detect card to NFC. How do I solve this problem?

Hi and welcome to the forum

I don’t use NFC so can’t help much but

• You can check that it’s basically working
    Dial *#*#66#*#* Service Tests > Test Single > NFC Card Mode
    You should get The Baseband version and a Note in green saying
    Please detect server

all that with the NFC off

1 Like

Not sure if it solves the problem, but with the FP3 my impression was one has to place the chip of the card to be detected very close to the chip on the phone which is placed at about 1.2cm from the left side and 3,8cm from the bottom (with the translucent back you can see it to the left of the lower left corner of the battery). In practice I had to move the card around that spot until I found the perfect position.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I dialed the number and the note in green said: please detect card to NFC. I already tried tot move the card in different positions, but nothing seems tot work. Do I need an app?

I’m not sure what your use case is exactly, but in order to test if NFC actually works in general I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wakdev.wdnfc

1 Like

according tot the nfc-check-app everthing is okay, but when is try to scan my passport it says : NFC read error

I installed NFC tools, it seems to work (NFC tag detected). I don’t understand why it’s not working for my digid check

1 Like

Try again, and again, remembering where to plsce your id… :wink:
With some apps it is quite easy to find (and keep!) the proper position. With others it is much less so. I remember hassling with NectWallet once until I was VERY close to going berserk.

2 Likes

So true! I tried again and again and again and … over and over. In the end it worked.

5 Likes

You may like to tag this Help query as Solved :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.