Pin required after device retsarts

I have an FP3 and after I made an update I simply didn’t use the FP3 for many months and kept it connected to the charger but turned off. Now if I turn it on it asks for the SIM card Pin Nr. and after I give it, I need to wipe the screen to give the device Pin Nr. After I give the proper PIN number it goes off for a sec and comes back asking for the Pin Nr. If I give the wrong Pin Number then it does complain that the Pin Nr. is incorrect. This behavior of looping into requesting a device pin Nr. is somehow new only since I did an update. It seems to get into a lock mode immediately after every time I give the device pin Nr. The battery is full. Anybody has any idea of how I can resolve this?

Hi and welcome to the forum

So you can tell the battery is charged. Have you tried removing the battery and allowing it to sit a while, after three months and being plugged in.

So which was off the phone? i.e. it was charging for 3 months?

if that is the case there could be battery damage to the extent it shows charge when there is none. However if it keeps looping it does seem that there is power.

So are you trying a start with or without the charger.

You can also try

• starting without any SIM or SD card
  • a safe mode start

Have you tried with the digital unlock?
Are you sure it is asking for the device pin?

Thanks for replying so fast.
Well I did everything you suggested and unfortunately the same problem remains. Battery out for a while, safe mode restart, without any sd or SIM, taken in and out of airplane mode, wi or without being plugged to charger, digital unlock doesn’t work for now (I might have not configured the fingerprint yet, can’t remember). The pin Nr. being asked is definitely the device pin: if I type the wrong pin it complains about it, but after typing the right pin it simply goes blank fo a second or two and comes back requesting the pin again.

I wonder if reverting it to factory state would help. If I do, will all the system updates since I bought it be lost ? Or can you think of any other less invasive way to solve this looping issue?

Thanks and regards

Michel

Thanks for your reply Vinamis, the digital unlock doesn’t work for now (I might have not configured the fingerprint yet, can’t remember).

The pin Nr. being asked is definitely the device pin: if I type the wrong pin it complains about it, but after typing the right pin it simply goes blank fo a second or two and comes back requesting the pin again.

1 Like

Hi Guys, well after being fed-up with this issue I decided to do a factory reset.
Although some of my ‘not so important’ data is gone, the Phone is working as it should.
Thanks for the help
Michel

4 Likes

Well you seem to have made some progress, but FYI a factory reset takes it back the last OS update, not to that when it was send from the factory, a bit of a misnomer :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.