Phone stuck on "fair phone" screen when starting or rebooting

Hi there,

I’ve been looking around at issues but can’t find one matching mine so far.

I have a new “Refurbished” Fairphone since last week (my previous one was stolen, and I had it for 3 years). On this new phone, I have issues every time I turn it off and on or reboot it after updating the phone : I am just stuck on a the black “Fairphone” screen forever.
I have to remove the battery multiple time before I can finalize the booting and move on to the next usual screen.

One thing I want to stress here is that the phone doesn’t reboot randomly.

Has this happen to anyone before ? What’s the solution to fix it ?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Can you take the case off and try to boot and reboot without it?

Perhaps the volume button has issues, which could make the phone boot into #dic:fastboot mode, which only displays the Fairphone logo
(although with the latest firmware the blue LED would be on in this case and it would buzz several times, too, but I don’t know which firmware the refurbished phones come with).

1 Like

Hello !

Thanks a lot for the support !

I have tried this option and now my phone is in loop reboot : blue screen, black screen with “Fairphone/Powered by android”, no blue dots showing the charging. After a while it stays stuck on the last black screen. This also happened to me when I did the last OS upgrade, and had to reboot my phone many times over 1h to have it reach the normal Home screen again.

Also, I have noticed that my phone does reboot by itself, when it does (and I find it in my pocket or on the table with the pin code screen) it doesn’t seem to get stuck.

When I first posted on this thread I had only had the phone for about two weeks, and I hadn’t seen the reboot behaviour…

Does anyone know what could be going on and how to fix it ? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.