✏ B2G beta (formerly Firefox OS)

Hi @anon59030904 the only working B2G-Installer is a old 2.6prerelease version. In that version i remember to have had the same notifications spontaneously.

There has bees some rumors past week.

Mozilla has officaly anounced to kill all code related to B2G in Gecko. That means that there is no way to Boot2Gecko anymore. The folks on https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/c/b2g-os-participation are searching for a different sollution.

For me its clear that i will not follow anymore.
The need of a up to date html engine is to big, and to maintain a browser engine ther will be not enough man-power in the community.
So i decided to burry the project for me.

I think the moderators can lock an archive this topic…
Regards, Novski

Sad to know…

Decoupling those APIs into microservices (e.g. in node.js or Rust, as they are proposing) would be a hard task, but not imposible. Mozilla community is well-known for such massive and arduous tasks of rewriting complex things.
I wish them the best luck, honestly.

@novski What ?? Flûte !! I’m… surprised… I hope they will be able to rewrite, and as @Roboe said, I wish them best luck.

@novski You understood something wrong, It’s still possible to perform new builds of B2G but they pinned Gecko to the last state known good.
Sad to hear that you give up B2G but I can understand your decision.

###The development of B2G is discontinued

But an old working image still exists. Find out how to install it here:

If anything ever changes and B2G development starts again contact me or any of the moderators to reopen this topic.