Payment reminder for cancelled orders

Anyone else got a payment reminder last night? I had accidentally ordered two fairphones but cancelled one of them and now got reminded to pay the order. Because I didn’t want to contact support directly (they probably have plenty of things to do) I wanted to ask if that happened to others as well.

Cheers!

1 Like

This is probably a case where contacting support will be worth it because it might even safe them time in the long-run: The sooner they fix this issue, the less time they will have to spend with requests from people who received this payment reminder.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll do so.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I moved this into the Help category. It’s not a bug in the phone software.

Same here. They do not seem to be interested in fixing this issue - or even in acknowledging that they actually have an issue. I received a reply that they have manually disabled the reminders for my order. To me it sounded like all they intend to do is accepting to stop bugging those who complain.

I found this annoying also because they provide a no-reply address in the reply-to field of the reminder email. Then you need to go digging through their website to actually find a form to tell them to stop spamming people with canceled orders. Just a big hassle, but I guess they mostly care about the revenue they might get from the few of us who change their minds. Not cool.

A couple days after writing them I got a an automatic notification that the order got cancelled. They might have had a bug in their system that our cancellations didn’t get through. Because it seems that only very few people (us) experienced this problem, I think it was a mistake that only happened to a small amount of users.
I can not imagine that most they care about is the revenue they could get from people deciding different. In the end they are a NPO.
I did not find it difficult to click the provided “Support” link in their email to be forwarded directly to their submit request page on their website. By filling out a request instead of replying to an email, I can imagine they can process the ticket much faster in their system.

Yes, I could be wrong, and this may be an isolated issue. My order was showing as “canceled” in their system, though, so I’m quite sure the cancellation had gone through.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.