Password verification failed

I was following allong the following guide to allow OEM-unlock:

https://www.fairphone.com/en/bootloader-unlocking-code-for-fairphone-3/

Whenever i typed the generated code on my FP3 and hit “enable”, a Message appears on the bottom of my screen telling me “password verification failed”.

I’ve checked my serial number and IMEI multiple times and generated multiple codes. I tried waiting a few minutes between generating the code and entering it. I tried restarting the phone, de- and reactivating developer mode and USB debugging.

Since i couldnt find anything on the topic of this message, i was wondering if anyone could help?

Could it be that you first need to type the code for ‘unlocking’ the screen instead of the generated code?

2 Likes

Thanks for responding.

Ye, that was the case, and i thought there might be a problem with that, so i deactivatet my phones lockscreen code and it still didnt work.

Im sorry, i forgot to update the post.
I didnt manage to find the source of the problem but i could still manage to fix it. On the following post the answer helped me out. While i could not successfully enter the generated code from the fp3 bootloader unlock page, i could still unlock my bootloader using
fastboot oem 8901_unlock and in the end everything works fine with the phone after installing /e/.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.