Out of stock/missing FP2 spare parts from online store

Unfortunately there is a very important topic that is continuously overlooked: the consumers rights.
After one month, no answers, so the case falls in the area where manufacturer is not able to repair, so refund must be applied.

Look here: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

Just to be clear: this applies to warranty repairs (but not to any direct sale of parts), and youā€™ll need take steps - as far as I know there is no automatic entitlement to refunds after a set amount of time in most EU countries.

For those countries where there is no automatic redress, youā€™ll need to notify the seller or manufacturer that you expect the device to be repaired in a reasonable time frame (annoyingly, there is no guidance about this and it is something that youā€™ll need reach agreement on - that is you cannot decide this unilaterally), and if this is not possible that youā€™ll declare the sale void. If the sale is then declared void, the seller/manufacturer can request back the goods before processing a refund of the residual value of the goods (in most countries deductions for non-warranty damages and normal use during the period that the goods were non-defective can be made).

So anyone who does want to go down that route, contact Fairphone (again), give them a reasonable deadline to perform the repair under warranty, and clearly state that if it is not possible to perform the repair in that period that youā€™ll reverse the sale / declare the sale void and that you wish to receive a refund.

6 Likes

ā€œCurrently out of stock:
(last updated June 28th)
ā€¢ Display Module104 (expected end of June)ā€

On june 28th it was still expected ā€œend of Juneā€ - now itā€™s July 3rdā€¦
Will there be an update? Iā€™m also waiting for an answer from the Support (which hadnā€™t read my first two Messages very well, because I described, that I have a non-reacting display - so I canā€™t unlock it - theyā€™re solution was to do the free drawing :frowning: )

I would also buy a new Display on my own costs - as long as I can use my FP2 again!!!

2 Likes

Hi,
my display module is broken. Anyone knows when the display module will be back in stock?

I have a cracked screen and need to replace it but there are none for sale. It has been like this for months. What is the point of a phone you are meant to be able to repair if you canā€™t repair it?

Hi, I am a FP2 user, I just broke the screen and I d like to get a new one, but it on the website it s written OUT OF ORDER, any chance to get one somewhere or something else?

Hi,
you can try vireo.de, they sell spare parts and apparently the display is available. 90 Euros though

Dont hold your breath for either place to have them any time soon We are waiting since last September/October for new screen from fairphone. Ordered screen for my fairphone and speaker for my husbands from vireo 2 months ago. They took my money but still no sign of products. Seriously annoyed at this stage.

2 Likes

I was in the same position, I ordered from Vireo in April, but recently got them to refund my purchase despite being WAY past their usual 2 week cancellation window. They were really helpful and quick to reply, sorted everything out in minutes!

1 Like

Fairphone has published a blog post about FP1 support, in which they also mention:

Another step is to improve our planning and estimates to ensure our supply of Fairphone 2 spare parts meets the demand. After running low on stock in recent months, we are using the limited stock of displays we have to help as many customers as we can who contact customer support. Further, we plan to have all spare parts available in our online shop by the end of August.

(Emphases mine). Then thereā€™s that saying about best laid plansā€¦
Anyway, hopefully this gets sorted soon.

5 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve been waiting patiently for at least 4 months for the screens to come back in stock because my screen smashed and there were none available (so I couldnā€™t be on a warranty wait list because of a faulty screen). I signed up to receive knowledge when they came back in stock. I finally got an email a few days ago, and I was at work so couldnā€™t action it. By the time I finished work they were sold out!!!

How long will we have to wait? Do you also sell screen protectors because this is clearly an issue for many people.

Thank you
Bec

Thatā€™s what Fairphone says on Twitter about that:

1 Like

After 10 months waiti g the screens are finally back in stock just ordered
a few days ago !!

Iā€™m really pis***d right now.

Ordered in April (!) the Display Modul. Received it today and its not working! It stays black ā€¦ so donā€™t get too happy thatā€™s back in stock again ā€¦ :frowning:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Display is not working

Hi
Seems the display module is sold out again.
Anyone have any news when it will be back in stock?
The availability of this module seems to be an ongoing issue!
T

Well since itā€™s been sold out for a long time itā€™s to be expected that the first new batches will all be sold out fast. So itā€™ll probably take a few more batches until the stock is filled again.

The best way to find out when theā€™ll be back again is - as always - to subscribe to the email alert in the shop. Also sometimes @Douwe finds out something and updates the first post.

Did you install the latest update before attaching the new display? It is needed for the new batch of displays, and instructions how to do it manually (if your old screen was too broken) should have been sent to you by mail

2 Likes

Does everybody who buys a new display get this e-mail? If so, I didnā€™t get one (no problem, since thanks to the forum I would have known what to do, and a short test confirmed the display I got works with the current LineageOS anyway).

That would then be the second automatic (?) e-mail process in connection with the shop that seems broken, see posts from here on.

1 Like