Out of stock/missing FP2 spare parts from online store

My transparent case is broken, and support offer me a “black matte” cover in replacement.
Are the transparent covers temporally out of stock for the moment, or completely and definitively discontinued?
I also checked on Vireo but they propose only the “schwarz” color…

Hi, I tried Vireo to get a FP2 display module, but even though I paid 16 days ago, it’s still not send out and the reply from their support makes me worry that they might not have any modules in stock but also wait for Fairphone…

Today they wrote

:de: wir warten aktuell auf die Rückmeldung vom Hersteller, wir sind hier im regen Austausch. Ich hoffe wir können ihre Bestellung in den nächsten 7-10 Tagen versenden. Die Lieferzeit des Displays war mit 20 Werktagen (ca. 4 Wochen angegeben).
Wir können es im Moment leider noch nicht sagen, wann ihre Lieferung genau erfolgen wird, wir bemühen uns jedoch diese sobald wie möglich zu gewährleisten.

(They wait for a reply by the manufacturer and hope to send out the module within 7-10 days from now. They refer to delivery time having been stated as 20 working days, i.e. 4 weeks, when I ordered, which is true. And they cannot tell me a more precise delivery date.)

In the Fairphone shop the display modules can be ordered again, but there it says

Fairphone 2 orders will be delivered by 31 May

:unamused:

EDIT: Vireo kept their promise, at least I got a shipping notification yesterday, saying that my FP2 display module is on it’s way. :slight_smile:
Also in their online shop the delivery time got down to 1-3 working days now.

1 Like

I just noticed the FP2 display is now out of stock again.

2 Likes

… and just that it’s not available anymore at FP, Vireo seems to have it back in stock.

1 Like

Thanks for vireo.de being mentioned here. I ordered a replacement screen and got it today. 4 days from Germany to England! I clicked it on in less than 10 seconds and I am very happy. Fairphone need to get these in stock! I can’t believe people have been complaining about there being none sinceOctober! It’s no good singing the phones praises about replacing the screen with no tools and maximum ease when there are none! Surely this must be the most common piece that needs fixing when people like me have accidents. It’s sorted, I am a happy FP2 owner again. Also lease get the transparent back covers back in the store too!

4 Likes

Hello (I’m French. So, i apologize for my english),

I need to change my bottom module from my Fairphone 2 and this part is out of stock The Micro-USB plug in don’t work. I can’t charge my batterie whit MicroUSB cable.

Have you know when the out of stock will be over?

Thank

1 Like

Have you tried contacting support? If it’s not your fault that the USB plug is broken then they’ll replace it under warranty and they do have a special stock for warranty cases.

4 Likes

I have now waited +30 day, still no “bottom module”, still no information, still don’t wanna buys from Vireo(they have apparently all module in existences for a:

wooping 41% more in price .

So from now on, i can only wait, and not call anybody(mic is broken) till new stocks arrive. Then we cross fingers that Vireo don’t buys all of them :slight_smile:

:frowning: sad

Fairphoners who have been waiting for bottom module replacements under warranty reported today (on FB) that Fairphone informed them that their replacement is shipping now.

4 Likes

And I got my bottom module replacement (under warranty) almost a month ago now

Mind you that Fairphone is not as big as other players in the industry which have huge funds available for setting up massive production lines and maintaining them. For a small player Fairphone does pretty well on this front imho. The big players in the industry do not even sell parts at all, and the Korean one stopped selling displays last year (for an undetermined time and without explanation). So most parts for these phones are aftermarket stuff. I understand the frustration but, you bought a Fairphone :wink: Anyways, all seems well now.

Alfi

4 Likes

I called the support last week and got the same information (“bottom module will be shipped tomorrow”). Nothing happened so far, no microphone for 6 weeks, quite frustrating… It’s not too bad however, since I can make calls with a headset.

i broke my micro usb port because it got wet. waiting for a bottom module for 2 months now. that’s somewhat annoying. can’t use my phone at all

3 Likes

Yes, im allso at +60 days now for the bottem module. Startet with broken mic, and now i have to hold the charging cabel in a certain way for at positiv charge. Really hope it holds out for when new modules arrive. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I must change my post below.
Fairphone managed to re-instate my confidence in the FP concept! Today I got a parcel which contained a new bottom module. Installed it in 2 Minutes, done. Works as designed.
So there’s only one thing to “complain” about: why did the first answer I received tell that they are out of stock and I would have to wait several weeks for the spare part?
This “raised” my anger, causing the below post … which, in the end, was a bit hasty, since a repair time of 2 weeks is really acceptable.
So, “disregard” the below post.
Although others seemed to have waited for two months, as you may find in this thread.

I’m really disappointed. The whole concept of this phone is that it can be repaired easily, and now they say they’re out of stock or sold out since WEEKS? With an “undefinded” date when the spare parts will arrive?
Bottom module: out of stock. Display: out of stock. Main frame: sold out.
Apparently are all of them not available for even MONTHS.
Folks,
this is NOT acceptable.
I have really been convinced of your ideas, I accepted to pay about 150€ more for my Fairphone than you’d have to pay for a comparable smartphone on the market (in terms of speed, quality, RAM and so on),
but now I am fed up - I cannot recommend and will not buy any more Fairphone if repair times ranges are in MONTHS.
This ruins the concept.
My “bottom module” is broken, the microphone doesn’t work any more - what sense does a smart PHONE make if you cannot make calls with it?
REALLY disappointed.
uli

4 Likes

See if you can get a spare part from one of the #resellers .

2 Likes

Hi,
thanks, but my FP2 is still under warranty …
Greetings
Uli

Ok, I understand. Maybe Fairphone accepts to pay you the money back if you order at a reseller?

Waiting since sep for 2 display modules mark up high as well as crazy postage costs to Ireland from vireo. See here that they were avail on FP for a short while why did we get notice waiting way too long now and husband’s speaker gone now too few weeks ago. Nightmare phones. Was a huge investment for us in what has turned out to be phones with so many problems it would take an hour to write them down anyone have any update on display module being back in stock

5 Likes

I’m waiting almost 2 months now for a new bottom module. On 15th February, I was no longer able to use the built in microphone to place calls–I’ve reported this to FP the same day and learned that they had no more bottom modules on stock. Finally, on 4th of April, I got a message from FP saying that they could send me a new bottom module. I only had to confirm (again!) that my postal address that’s registered in the online shop was still up to date. I’ve sent them this confirmation within 5 hours.

Since then: only silence. No answer, no order in the shop, no new bottom module. I’ve sent them several replies in the ticket and also created 1 new ticket to ask them to have a look at my ticket number #160677. That ticket was marked as resolved without answer.

This is my 2nd bad experience with FP Support. As soon as they actually do something, it’s really good! But for some reason it can take a very long time before something happens.

1 Like