Opening new tab

Just got a Fairphone 3 but I can’t seem to open additional tabs on internet when using the Google app.

Furthermore I can’t find the forward arrow to jump forward to a page Is visited previously.

Any ideas Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Bob.

If you mean the Chrome browser, there’s a number in a rounded square icon to the right of the URL address space. If you tap on it, it slightly shrinks the browser window and you can add a tab with the + icon on the top left.

The forward arrow only seems to be available when you tap on the three dots at the top right first.

And welcome to our Community Forum! :+1: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the warm welcome and your advice. :slight_smile: It doesn’t seem to work however. Here’s a screenshot. If I tap on the adress bar, nothing happens.

Screenshot_20200622-121713

Yeah, you are using the Google app which is not really an internet browser, just a quick search tool. Additional tabs don’t seem to be part of its functionality (forward/backward seems to work as I described though). The pre-installed Chrome app is the default internet browser. You can install other browser apps as well, maybe they offer the tab and forward/back function more easily at first sight.

If you haven’t found out yet, you find the whole set of pre-installed apps when you swipe from the bottom end of the display (when you are at the start screen).

5 Likes

Problem solved. Thanks a brunch! :smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.