Oooh. Ohhh. Lineage 15.1 (testing)

I finally got :cookie::cookie: working. For TitBackup you need a su-root .ZIP file. I tried it with the 14 Version,didnā€™t work.
@chrmhoffmann ist there a root zip?

2 Likes

If you try this, then why not with the 15.1 version of the su addon :wink: ?

Else ā€¦ you can just activate root in the developer settings of the test build so far without further ado, so I thought it would be already rooted, but I could of course be wrong.

Does Titanium Backup complain about missing root?
Edit: Ok, apparently it does, I missed that.

1 Like

@AnotherElk Seems that activating root in developer settings is not enough.

1 Like

I did it and it works, great ! :smile: Now I was able to restore all my app+settings with Titanium!

3 Likes

Mee too ! :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

2 Likes

Strange. I installed titanium backup. It requests root access and once granted, it seems to work. No root zip needed - I build the rom with su support enabled through developer settings.

Chris

3 Likes

I installed Oreo yesterday and am still testingn and installing my apps. I found the following bugs:

• TitaniumBackup cannot access my SD card
  • Reboot to Recovery always boots the system, not recovery (have TWRP installed)
  • I use 2 SIM cards. When I boot I enter the SIM1 PIN, then SIM2 PIN is asked, but dissapears again. Sometimes I have to unlock the phone, then I am asked for SIM2 PIN. Other times it appears itself. I will see, if I can find a rhythm.

Nice-to-have:

• FP ringtone already set as standard. :sun_with_face: :musical_note:
2 Likes

I borrowed one of the demo FP2 that we have for the next #austrianfairphoners event (thanks to @werner_noebauer, who did a same-day-delivery) and now successfully installed LineageOS. These are the steps I took:

1. Boot to recovery.
  2. Select ā€œBoot to bootloaderā€
  3. Flash TWRP using fastboot
  4. Wipe Format data using TWRP.
  5. Sideload LOS 15.1

First I did not do (4) and was stuck in a bootloopā€¦

I will report back if I run into issues.

2 Likes

First question: I cannot find how to setup WiFi with the WPS button on my router. Can anyone help me?

Ps: In the WiFi dialogue the three-dot-menu seems to be missing.

Edit: Ok, found it. Itā€™s hidden in WiFi settings > Advanced > WPS push button.

1 Like

Do you know how I can give installation permission to the default file manager?

Oh, and another issue: Scrolling down in the default browser most often works, but scrolling up fast most often doesnā€™t have the fade-out effect (e.g. the page slows down - instead it apruptly halts). This one is pretty annoying when browsing. Edit: And it reminds me of https://forum.fairphone.com/t/firefox-problem-with-touch-events/5843 , though itā€™s different.

If I go for example to the develop options (for the sake of having a long list to scroll), I donā€™t see this behaviour.

I just noticed one more thing: IPv6 works in tethering mode! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

4 Likes

The following worked for me:

Yes, I read that, but I didnā€™t have a microSD card at hand. I managed to install F-Droid via adb install.

Could you check out your Installed Apps in F-Droid? My F-Droid thinks that I have almost all apps installed that start with an ā€œAā€ā€¦ (This also make it impossible for me to install AntennaPod because of a signature problem.)

ā€¦

I tried to upload a screenshot here, but after clicking the screenshot in the upload dialogue, it closed and didnā€™t upload anything. Now the upload button in the lower right corner of the post editor doesnā€™t do anything.

I just tried was able to install Antennapod.

Also within F-Droid (in German: Optionen > Installierte Anwendungen verwalten) it shows exactly the apps I installed via F-Droid).

Which F-Droid version are you on? Iā€™m on 1.2.2.

F-Droid version 1.2.2 here, too.

I could install AntennaPod now, but the installed apps still show many apps that arenā€™t really installed on my system.

Did you format the data partition before installing LineageOS?

Yes, I did ā€œFormat Dataā€ in TWRP.

Edit: Funny thing: F-Droid on my FP1 also shows apps as installed that arenā€™t installed at allā€¦ :upside_down_face:

Edit: I just rebooted, cleared Data of F-Droid and updated the repository again. After restarting F-Droid it only shows the apps that I have actually installed.

Once you open an APK, it asks for it. I wasnā€™t able to grant it to the default ā€œFilesā€ app, though, in LOS 15.1 on my Nexus 4.

Iā€™m actually on latest unstable F-Droid in my Nexus 4, which solves various issues in Android O (e.g. repeatable automatic installations).