Oooh. Ohhh. Lineage 15.1 (testing)

It won’t solve the problem for messenger apps.
Only power off, wait some seconds power solves it. Just pressing restart in the power menu doesn’t work

I have finally compiled my own build. Everything seems to be working fine. I had to remove the camera modules to encrypt my phone (the phone is crashing upon reboot with the new camera modules).

Performance is great! The animations seem a little smoother that on 14.1 which makes it pleasant to use.

I’ve downloaded F-Droid and couldn’t launch the APK installer somehow. After moving the APK to the external sd card, I was able to install it without any issues.

Encryption works (as described by @AnotherElk), I can confirm though that TWRP cannot deal with the encryption (I’ll try to get some debug information on that later).

It takes some time to get used to the new icons and menus. My favorite feature so far: Being able to change the font size and display scaling. I have reduced the size of everything just a bit, which gives me a bit more screen space.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that dual SIM works great now! Thanks @chrmhoffmann!

Here are some screenshots from the initial screens (changed the wallpaper and the theme to dark):

6 Likes

Great!!! The dark theme looks definitely amazing…

LineAge 14.01 has this aswell though…

1 Like

Here is the part from logcat when owncloud fails to download files: https://pastebin.com/X3kVvX3J

07-22 18:51:38.932 11299 11339 E DownloadRemoteFileOperation: Download of /Notes/Einkaufsliste.txt to /storage/emulated/0/owncloud/tmp/foo@bar%2Fbaz%2Fowncloud/Notes/Einkaufsliste.txt: Unrecovered transport exception
07-22 18:51:38.932 11299 11339 E DownloadRemoteFileOperation: java.io.IOException: No such file or directory

In fact there is no /storage/emulated/0/owncloud/ folder (it exists on Lineage 14.1).

I have added my bits concerning that to GitHub as proposed by @z3ntu

https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery/issues/224

On another try I’m happy to report that you can leave the top module in the phone, disassembling the main camera module was enough for me.

2 Likes

What if you create it manually?

1 Like

Once I create all necessary sub-folders, I get a permission denied instead of file not found.

Basically no saving/accessing of files works with non-preinstalled apps. Even taking pictures with Camera ZOOM FX downloaded from the play store cannot save the pictures I took.
Taking a picture with the built-in camera cannot be opened with QuickPic.
That’s of course always granting the apps permissions to files when they ask for it.

I think I found the “download” issue. I had to reimport sdcardfs. Looks like my old version was broken/imcomplete for O. Anyway firefox downloads at least seem ok.

Will upload a new version soon.

Chris

5 Likes

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=5862345805528055999

This should fix:

• Selinux
  • Download issues with firefox et al.
  • Proximity calibration tool
11 Likes

Manual APK installing behaviour changed in Oreo. You need to give explicit permission to each app so they can launch the installation. Not every app is compatible with Oreo yet, though: in my Nexus 4 I couldn’t figure out how to make Amaze works and use Dir for that same reason.

2 Likes

I can confirm that the download problem is gone with this version :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot!

Edit: and also the proximity calibration tool now starts properly instead of saying it’s incompatible.

1 Like

At the moment I am aware of two remaining issues:

• off mode charger does not show the battery
  • there’s something wrong with notification LEDs. Seems that 8 needs a single RGB LED

Hopefully we’ll get those sorted soon.

Chris

10 Likes

Hello Chris! I tested your rom Lineage_FP2-ota-e7a9f79aad.zip with OpenGapps 8.1 pico, and it works, that is awesome :slight_smile: Thanks a lot !

However, I have trouble using root: I tapped on the build number to activate developer settings, then I set root to “Applications and ADB”. After that, when I launched three apps needing root (iSu, Titanium backup and Amaze), I had no pop-up asking for root access and those apps say “device not rooted”… How to configure correctly?

Last question: as soon as you release a new zip, could we upgrade it from version to version just flashing the zip (wiping system before?) and keep all our (non-sytem-) apps installed?

Today I flashed the latest ZIP and all installed apps/settings were still there after the update.

2 Likes

It is also possible to disable one SIM slot in the settings menu - which wasn’t possible on LineageOS 14.1, but only on Fairphone OS and Fairphone Open OS.

It is still a bit buggy though, as I cannot enter the PUK for the second SIM card (phone gets locked, PUK dialog does not appear). After disabling the first SIM card, the PUK dialog appears and prompts me to enter the PUK followed by the new SIM PIN, this however has no effect and the SIM remains blocked prompting for the PUK.

I solved it by booting up with only the locked SIM inserted, the phone prompted for PUK followed by the new SIM PIN and unlocked the SIM successfully.

5 Likes

That’s amazing news! Well done.

I’ll wait a little before flashing this. But I can confirm that the problems with the camera flash aren’t new. 14.1 has the same behaviour.

Is shutdown working :)? Shuting down current LOS leads to a reboot…

Seems that it depends…

3 Likes

Alright, so same behaviour and currently unfixed… thanks.