Often not receiving calls; callers hear busy signal

Hi,

At least 3 different people have now told me that they have had problems reaching me. They hear a busy tone and I see nothing. When I go to System Updates, it says that it’s up to date. How could this be solved?

Cheers, Philip

Are you having any problems reaching callers yourself?

Does your SIM show you’ve got signal and is active on the network?

Have you checked to see if there have been any outages on your network operator and within your area?

Do you have diverts active on your number to Voicemail and have you tried checking that these work if you try calling your number?

Hi Chris! Thanks for asking:

• “Are you having any problems reaching callers yourself?” - as far as I can tell no
  • “Does your SIM show you’ve got signal and is active on the network?” - yes
  • “Have you checked to see if there have been any outages on your network operator and within your area?” - not yet, but odds are low as I just switched phone. Sim Card stayed the same
  • “Do you have diverts active on your number to Voicemail and have you
    tried checking that these work if you try calling your number?” - one Voicemail since I have this phone

Cheers, Philip

I can’t think of much else that might be worth checking or giving a try. Let’s see if anyone else in the community has had similar problems.

Being myself a programmer, I won’t mind doing any debugging tasks. Who could I ping for technical hints? I’m pretty sure the problem is not my mobile provider.

I have the same problem - calling someone works fine, but I can’t get any calls from others.

I have the same annoying problem and I know another Fairphone user who has the same problem, too.

• calling others: no problems
  • email/whatsup/appsstore,…: no problems
  • using Firefox: no problems
  • provider: enough money, etc.: no problems
    -Calling me: impossible

I changed my SIM card to another mobile phone - no problems with receiving calls. Thus: it’s a Fairphone problem!
BTW: when I put my SIM card in slot 2 of my Fairphone, the card is not even activated.

How did you solve it?

I could narrow the problem down to these facts:

• Fairphone + SIM card of provider blau.de (e-plus): no calls can be received - caller hears busy signal
  • Fairphone + Vodafone SIM card: no problems
  • Nokia + SIM card of provider blau.de: no problems.

What is the interaction of a Fairphone with a blau.de resp. e-plus SIM card???

After several hours of work, I’ve solved the problem by updating to 1.8 Kola Nut (an update to 1.7 was not possible for unknown reasons).
This spoiled my Fairphone in other ways, but at least, I can receive calls again.

Hi all, I got es new SIM card (slot 1) from Vodafone and inserted it. The second card (constar) was allready inserted and is still good working. Since the new Vodafone card is in use, all incoming calls have been forwarding to my second card. If I deactive card 2 or put it out of the FP, I am getting the message “the person you have called is temporally not available”. And if I don’t get the call (for card 1) the call comes to mailbox from card 1.
After changing SIM card 1 I didn’t make any changes in the FP. Making a call from card 1 is no problem: the right number is in shown in the display of the recipient. Help, please! :slight_smile:

Hallo,

Ihave actaully the same problem. I have put it back to factory setting the it was ok for a short time. Now I have the same problem.
What can I do to solve the problem.

What exactly is your problem? The lost widget? Or anything else? If it’s the widget, please proceed as described above.

Hi Juli,

sorry this is the wrong topic. I have problems that nobody can call me. I have put my faiphone back to factory settings then it works for a short time but now it is the same problem that nobody can call me.

Regardds
Anette

No worries about the topic. The moderators will take care of this. :wink:

Well, what do you mean by “nobody can call you”? Like in they try calling you but your FP keeps silent and doesn’t show (vibrate/ring) that someone is calling OR like in you can’t accept incoming calls?

Hi,

if somebody will call me they always get the information that my mobile is busy. I didnT get the information that somebody tried to call me.
Regards
Anette

Did you use the SIM card before in another phone? Can you make yourself a call? Do you have a signal?

Hi,

Ithanks for your help we didn’t do anythinf but now it works normally.

REgards
Anette

Oops. Missed that, sorry! Posts have moved now, hope this the topic that was meant!

:wink: No harm done.

This topic was closed because it attracted a lot of spam/off topic posts. If you do have a problem related to a Fairphone 1, use the flag to notify the moderators.