I came to the same conclusion about the flashlight.
Open Camera was the first thing I tried, but same result. That was the trigger for me to really think something was amiss
I came to the same conclusion about the flashlight.
Have you disassembled and reassembled the camera module (perhaps also cleaned the contacts)?
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but anyway…
Any Pokemon Go experience with LineageOS in comparison with stock ROM?
I am still playing it, but with Stock OS, the phone gets really hot and slow after several minutes, and discharges faster than I can charge it with a power bank
Nope, it wil survive the update. But it’s wise to do it a few times a year. I normally do it every time I update the modem.
Indeed, we also seem to have netmgrd crashes.
Good catch! I’ll try to roll this out in the next release and see if this helps!
Hi @taurui. I’m playing Pokemon Go on the LineageOS+MicroG version and it works well. No excessive overheating (I put the energy saver mode so the screen is black when the phone is upside-down) and the battery discharge is rather high but not higher than the external power bank…
When i press and hold power and select shutdown, then the phone restarts instead of switching off.
A stupid question and some bug reporting:
- I run the 14.1-20171024-NIGHTLY-FP2-LOS-version and I received the new update recently through the updater two days ago. I downloaded the package but I had to do something else in the meantime on another app so I “lost” the updater.
I can’t find it again, nor the file on the internal storage. Do I have another option than downloading the file to the phone and install it through TWRP?
- On the 14.1-20171024-NIGHTLY-FP2-LOS-version (amaaaazing work btw), same bugs as reported:
- Reboot instead of shutting down
- Random reboots (2/3 per day)
- Small app crashes (Music app, stickers Notes app)
- Sometimes the screen get distorted (see screenshots below). Turn off and on the screen usually solves the issue.
- When using a song as an alarm, it lags so the sound is really bad and too slow.
Stupid counter-question: Did you try deleting cache/data?
No, where exactly do you mean? I am just wondering if I have another chance to install the update from the device interface directly.
Settings > Apps > 3 little dots symbol in top right corner > show system > scroll down to updater > storage > clear data.
PS: Sorry I think I misunderstood.
You just can’t find the updater app right?
It’s in Settings > About phone > Lineage OS updates
[quote=“Sylvain_Fairphone, post:173, topic:34448”]
- Random reboots (2/3 per day)[/quote]Should be solved with a more recent firmware. See the discussion here (scroll up) Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?
If it isn’t solved with that firmware please post in that thread to get the issue solved.
[quote]- Sometimes the screen get distorted (see screenshots below). Turn off and on the screen usually solves the issue.[/quote]I can’t reproduce that. The only issue I got with screen is that when it goes off it says in the bottom left corner a debug message that the screen is put off.
This is no “Distortion”, but the (new?) 1-Hand-Helper (so you can reach the “entire” screen with your thumb). If you click into the black areas it should go away - but i haven’t figured out where to set/disable this, nor where you can set the command to trigger it (i guess it is some slide-in/out-guesture).
Edit: A short google later: http://www.techdroider.com/2017/03/lineageos-gets-one-handed-mode-feature.html
To enable 1 hand mode, slide finger from left to right or right to left on the icons at bottom of screen.
In addition to my previously mentioned issues, I just restarted the phone. While booting, instead of the Lineage logo, there is a text mentioning ‘Android is starting’, for like 20 minutes now.
[Edit: Apparently I could get in the powermenu while the message was on the screen. A reboot later and it starts up fine. At least, this time]
I feel that together with my previous issues, I may have to format my phone (maybe include going back to latest FP Open before installing LineageOS) again to get a clean slate.
My current issues with nightly of 14th November:
- Internet (Wifi and mobile) very frequently loses connection. Status icons still mention the connection is fine, but no app can reach the internet (airplane or reboot fixes it sometimes)
- Camera (v2) is not recognized.
- Apps crash occasionally; they often run fine after 1 or more crashes
- Cannot change call volume; I had this already with the unofficial builds. The slider now does appear when volume button is clicked, but the volume doesn’t decrease/increase.
Afaik, these issues are not present with other users, hence I am thinking of reinstalling from scratch. Which I dread btw, as I just finished installing everything after flashing the official from scratch…
Thanks! That was it…
Ow, amazing! I had no idea about the one handed mode feature.
But the second screenshot shows a distortion though (top left corner).
@Douwe maybe it should be renamed as now it says:
###Community Port: LineageOS 14.1 for FP2###
This is the bugtracker for the community port of LineageOS to the FP2.
- modem-17.11.2.zip (unchanged, Baseband version 4437.1-FP2-0-07)
Update installed via TWRP 3.1.1-2
The following things work for me so far: