Official LineageOS 20 FP4

I’m only trying to do this to get my banking app working. However, since I can still use my bank account via their PC app (for which I obviously need a VM, because of course there is no Linux version), so I’m not in a hurry to fix it. I wrote my bank an email asking about if the problem lies with SafetyNet in the first place, since I could save a lot of time if it wouldn’t work either way anyway.

2 Likes

To make matters worse I did it on my main phone.
But I wanted to test out the backup system anyway. My workflow worked pretty well and I am almost back to before.

Relocking the bootloader would be such a great thing in order to have an ‘as close to Stock experience’ as possible.

But since it removes all data everytime I wont tinker around any more than up to this point right now.
Does anyone have any idea what it takes to get this working? I do not have a test device but would like to understand if there is any way for me to help out to get this working.

1 Like

my safety net works, like above
MagiskHide Props Config set to FP3
termux
su
props - 1 - f - 5 -2 - y - y to reboot
Universal SafetyNet Fix
and shamiko blacklist blocking all off Play Store, Wallet and Google Service Framework.
if you have a banking app that is tripping the safety net, put that in block list as well. my banking apps always work so dont have that issue.

2 Likes

Regarding banking apps, maybe try out ih8sn? You will need a ih8sn.conf file, I wrote a shell script to create that and asked in the moto g7+ forum to generate the output on stock android for me:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ih8sn-profile.4538727/

Here are the values my wifes fp4 gives with stock android

bernd@e7270 fp4>./get-values-on-stock.sh 
BUILD_FINGERPRINT=Fairphone/FP4eea/FP4:11/RKQ1.210503.001/FP4I:user/release-keys
BUILD_DESCRIPTION=FP4eea-user 11 RKQ1.210503.001 FP4I release-keys
BUILD_SECURITY_PATCH_DATE=2022-11-05
BUILD_TAGS=
BUILD_TYPE=
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE=11
BUILD_VERSION_RELEASE_OR_CODENAME=
DEBUGGABLE=0
MANUFACTURER_NAME=Fairphone
PRODUCT_NAME=FP4eea

My moto g7+ on LineageOS20 has all fields filled in - I have no idea if the empty fields are import - ih8sn is not well documented. And to get ih8sn working one seems to need the value from stock android - I don’t have that for my g7+ yet, so I can’t comment if it works (with French BNP).

1 Like

thanx for that, i was looking into ih8sn but i had already flashed and setup my phone. so didnt want to go back to stock just to get that build fingerprint.

edit
looking in the hidemyprops module it actualy shows origional fingerprint Fairphone/FP4eea/FP4:11/RKQ1.210503.001/FP4I:user/release-keys so i doubt that ih8sn will work

I just did the switch from the unofficial LOS 19 build to the official LOS 20 build with Mindthegapps 13.
Worked like a charm :smiley:

Thanks again for all the support here!

Regarding the banking app topic:
Not sure if that helps somehow, but my banking app from DKB works fine so far.

2 Likes

not all apps use safety net, my swedish stuff works without issue, but google pay won’t (does now with magisk)

Ah understood.
Skipped that topic while reading, sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

German Targobank has no issues with LOS, but French BNP ( with the infamous erreur 81) fails. So does the doctolib app and Ile-de-France public transport (the latter even says the modified android is forbidden) - french insane/paranoid style - I will never get how one can prefer totally insecure outdated android over a modified but more secure version sigh.

How about answers to the questions 3 (Does Volte and Vowifi work?) and 4 (How is your experience with the camera? LOS camera and GCam?) - does anyone already have some experience with that?
And I would like to add the question about the call quality problems (which I experience with FPOS…)

2 Likes

I was pretty surprised yesterday, testing out the LOS camera again. With LOS 20 it has some nice features added and also support the “wide-angle” again (although the first impression gave a little fish eye optic). I want to check it out more in the next few days in terms of image quality and stuff. If I have significant “findings” I’ll let you know (:

4 Likes

LineageOS will be updated at the same time as CalyxOS usually. In fact we share the same device trees and all the updates are done in LineageOS first, then merged down to CalyxOS.

The kernel is updated once or twice per month, containing the latest updates from qualcomm and linux-stable/android-4.19-stable from AOSP, which includes the latest security patch level.

For people that complained about slow updates, there is a toggle in Updater settings to prioritize the update process.

6 Likes

Does the wideangle Camera work with Open Camera with Lineage OS?

Yes, all cameras work with OpemCamera

1 Like

So you just reminded me of my last stay in Paris, where I couldn’t use the app. Since my banking app is working since a couple of weeks now, I just tried IDF Mobilités again. If I use Magisk with Zygisk, Enforce DenyList and IDF Mobilités added to the DenyList, it seems to work. That wasn’t the case three months ago. I’m not on pure LOS but on iodéOS 4.x (LOS 20), but this shouldn’t make a difference in this case, I think.

Same mechanic to get Doctolib working except you’ll need to fully pass safety net so changing device signature to Fairphone 3/3 plus is also required to get it to work with LOS.

Also the high resolution/48MP?

Most likely not. The patch basically bypasses the system camera permission check. But it seems that it’s still capped at 12MP (and even below 12MP in Camera2 mode). See:

4 Likes

No, it has only 12MP

1 Like