Official LineageOS 20 FP4

I find it the same or slightly better. On mindthegapps with seedvault backup and both nextcloud and syncthing running in the background.

Does anybody have Ghost touches on Linage OS?

I haven’t got them anymore, like I wrote in the other thread, but they happened to me on LineageOS and iodéOS, both with Android 12.

Getting better had them on first build

In case anyone was interested, I’ll answer my own questions:

→ I used the traditional method to keep root after an ota, except I didnt need to restore the stock image first. I just ran the update, wait for reboot prompt and then proceeded to install magisk to OTA slot before rebooting.

→ no need to reflash Gapps, they are maintained after OTA install.

1 Like

Hey all, I have a problem (with a workaround) and another question after installing LOS yesterday…

The problem: Since installing LOS I’m experiencing a problem with the outgoing sound not working during calls. The person on the other end can not hear anything – no sound at all (but I can hear them fine). This is consistent for every call. I have also found a workaround, which is toggling speakerphone on and off: upon turning on speakerphone they can start to hear me, and then after switching speakerphone off the they can continue to hear me. The sound then continues to work on subsequent calls without having to toggle speakerphone on/off, and will continue to work until the phone is rebooted. After a reboot the problem returns and I need to toggle speakerphone on/off again. I also tried fixing the sound by muting and then unmuting, but that does not have any effect. Has anybody else run into the same problem? Does anyone know of (or have ideas for) a permanent solution that doesn’t require toggling speakerphone on the first call after a reboot?

For reference,I installed the 20230115 nightly build of LOS 20 (using the corresponding 20230115 recovery image) along with MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20221025. I followed the instructions from Fairphone for unlocking the bootloader, and then the rest of the installation instructions from LineageOS, and did not run into any issues during that process. I did not root the phone, or re-lock the bootloader, and I have not installed any other apps. Initially “4G Calling” was off, and the APN settings were not quite what I expected, but the audio problem persisted after turning on 4G Calling (and adding/selecting an APN entry with the carrier’s recommended settings).

Also, at times I will see “5G” appear with the other icons in the status bar at the top of the screen, but when “5G” isn’t showing I don’t see “LTE” or “4G-LTE” or similar. Do other people see any sort of a LTE/4G icon?

While I’m still testing out functionality, I haven’t run into any other obvious problems yet…

Thanks

This is indeed a weird issue, I’ve never heard of it before.

Did you try to make whatsapp (or any other voice over internet app) calls to see if this is a general mic activation issue of more something linked to the phone calls in particular ?

You could also try a voice recorder app, or simply record a video to exclude/confirm the lead on mic enabling issue.

Enabling logcat during a defective phone call might provide some explicit error message (with a bit of luck).

2 Likes

I tried rebooting and using the “stock” sound recorder app and it recorded with no problem. Then I made a phone call and experienced the same problem described previously (and resolved it by toggling speakerphone on/off).

I’ll follow up separately re: logcat

I had a weird bug that got fixed by turning on and off a permission, have you tried to go into app info for the phone app and turning on and off the phone permission? Might be worth trying

my january build of microg4lineageos is available at Index of /stuff/fp4 . please note that i’ve had to build with RELAX_USES_LIBRARY_CHECK=true due to an otherwise failing build process. this is definitely not optimal, but didn’t cause any issues after some superficial testing. i’ll put up another build if this gets fixed.

Hi, I’m thinking about using lineageOS as a daily driverr but I’m not sure about some things…
Is it now possible to lock the bootloader with the official LineageOS version for FP4? If not, is there a workaround to use things like google wallet or other banking apps?
Does anything work for daily drive?

1 Like

read back a bit, multiple posts covering it

"Aaanze wrote
Magisk modules:

=> MagiskHide Props Config
=> Systemless Hosts
=> Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.3.1
=> GPay SQLite Fix (this one is only mandatory for GPay, will not do anything for safetynet check)

Props:

This one is kinda important as you won’t ever pass safetynet on LOS with default FP4 device fingerprint, I don’t get why this is not necessary with stock rom, but the fact is I know for sure this step is mandatory.

=> Changed my device signature to trusted device, chose: Fairphone 3/3 plus

Magisk settings:

=> Zygisk enabled
=> Force exclusion list
=> Excluded:

• Play Store
  • Wallet
  • Google Service Framework"

I don’t think LineageOS supports locking your bootloader. If you want a locked bootloader, check out CalyxOS.

Google Wallet/Pay doesn’t work on most (all) of the larger ROMs. I think you’d have to check out xda-developers for one that does, if there is one at all.

This is based on what?

Btw Iode supports locking the bootloader as well e/OS does so why would LOS not?

Sure for the FP4 there is a bug that increases the risk to brick.

1 Like

It’s not recommended by the official FAQ, for example:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/faq#canshould-i-relock-my-bootloader

As other LOS forks like iodéOS and e/OS work flawlessly with a locked bootloader, see no reason why it shouldn’t work with the original LineageOS.

But of course it can be risky to lock the bootloader if you don’t check fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability before you relock the bootloader - as mentioned in iodéOS install instructions

2 Likes

This is written in the iodéOS FAQ:

A few manufacturers like Fairphone allow bootloader relocking. If you order a iodé Fairphone 3+ or 4, the bootloader is therefore locked.

I think the only difference is that LineageOS was supporting over 400 devices officially(!) in total and is still supporting about 170, while iodéOS is supporting 22 devices. So it’s a lot easier to make reliable statements regarding the locking of the bootloader and LineageOS probably dodged a lot of support requests and people who claimed that LineageOS bricked their phone by not recommending that step in general.

2 Likes

In theory yes, but they would have to set a custom root of trust, and I checked, flashing the avb_custom_key isn’t part of the Lineage installation.

4 Likes

For those, like me, who waited for official microG: it’s available!

9 Likes

I installed it over the microG version made available in this thread and had no issues at all. It is almost scary how seamless the process succeeded. To this point, no limitations (boot, connect Bluetooth, listen to podcast and write this message work).

2 Likes