Official LineageOS 20 for FP3/FP3+

@TeamB58 Since today the feature have restarted to function correctly. My FP3+ is magic :slight_smile:

We enabled the LineageOS health HAL and corresponding services for charging control, should appear in the next build. It allows users to specify a maximum charge for the battery or schedule a time to stop charging.
Have a look at the Settings menu “Battery/Charging control” to see what is possible.

Link: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/369689

12 Likes

@dk1978 thanks!!! This would help to extend battery life!

It allows users to specify a maximum charge for the battery or schedule a time to stop charging.

This is cool, thank you!

Is there any possibility we will get to combine modes in future? For example, can we limit charging to 80% and at the same time have the “custom schedule” option which slows down overnight charging?

1 Like

Hi,

Upon trying to sync my phone with Messages for web, I get “An error occurred. Please try again later.” (see attached pic for the french screenshot).
I’ve been trying for 1 week, on several browsers. I also cleared the app’s cache and data. No luck.
I also updated my LOS20 in the same time. Could this be the culprit?

Well, it got fixed magically today. I guess it was some rusty cog in Google’s machine.

A post was split to a new topic: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Unofficial LineageOS 21 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

Hi All,

Some new year surprise gift from my side!!

Still very early stages. I see a crash with one of the telephony components but it’s not affecting basic features. I shall look into it.

For curious developers out there, here are the changes.

Thanks.

14 Likes

Very cool! I am very much looking forward to it.

1 Like

Great news: Thank you for continuing to take care of the FP3/FP3+!!!

Hi, I saw a few topics about the impossibility to disable a sim card in case of dual sim use. I’m on lineageOS 19 and there is no option to disable a sim card, and I didn’t find any (free) app that can do it.
Before trying to upgrade, is this possible on lineageOS 20 ? It seems that it was possible on lineageOS 18, I would find it too bad to downgrade, but I will be forced to do this if I don’t find a workaround.
I need to disable my professional sim when I’m off, and removing it of the phone each day is not an option…

I checked my SIM-card-settings and on the bottom it says “remove SIM-card to disable it”. :confused:

1 Like

There is a bug when being called from abroad. The Dialer-App shows the Caller as “Unknown” and short after the app will crash or it will crash when you try to accept the call.
In this case these where calls from a FP3 → FP4 and vice versa. When these phones are in the same country, there are no problems with calls from these phones. A reset of the Dialer-App didn’t fix the problem.

Maybe this problem was introduced by the new Dialer-App in:

lineage-20.0-20240131

The latest version is also affected by this bug (lineage-20.0-20240207).

Maybe a related bug, sinc it’s also dialer-related: I recently ugraded to lineage-20.0-20240207, after having missed 3 updates. Since then, the voicemail form within the dialer app doesn’t work any more: upon pressing the “:arrow_forward:” button, nothing plays, and the former widget, that allowed us to select the time position and the loudspeaker, doesn’t display.

Problem remains with 20-20240214-NIGHTLY-FP3

1 Like

Does anybody else get the same bug?

FWIW, Here’s a screenshot of what’s wrong (used to work fine for years):

Linux 4.9 should be not supported on android 14. Maybe when/if fairphone upgrade the kernel next lineage versions would be more stable. I still think that fairphone should choose to use much possible mainline hardware, or mainline what use. They have worked on FP4 mainline (I don’t see much results) but not on “old” FP3. @TeamB58 Thankyou for what you do on LineageOS. (^_~)

Latest version seemed to fix this. Thanks to whoever fixed it!

1 Like

Android 14 unofficial is out

Thanks to those that helped!

Edit: I am not involved in it, I am just posting the link for convenience.

4 Likes

Here is the link to the thread about the official 21 lineage:

2 Likes