Official LineageOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+

Hi,
which GAPPS package variant is used by the most maintainers / developers of LOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+?

I’m currently using MindTheGapps, but am willing to switch to another variant to avoid having problems, that are specific to my GAPPS variant, so that the maintainers can’t reproduce the problem.

I have the impression, that the combination of MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64-20220605_112439 version which I initially installed with LOS19.1 causes some permission problems for classes/packages like System UI and TelephoneRegistry, which are finally leading to problems like freeze - often logcat contains several lines reporting very long draw-times, which indicate severe system stability problems. Especially MagicEarth is freezing very often - this was not the case as long as I used the stock ROM.

Is the MindTheGapps package containing some parts that are not regularly updated? - like some setting-files, scripts
→ should I perform a sideload update of LOS in combination with a new MindTheGapps release?
Which MindTheGapps version should I use in combination with the next update of LOS?

Bye,
Achim

1 Like

But what does that mean getting “the right package” ?

Of course I use the package that is built for my phone with the GG package. (I have used those for two years and upgraded them at least three times without troubles)

I just tried setting the last build (as I saw it available this morning) and I am still blocked in the boot loop.

Same here with microg.
When the phone sleeps it’s loosing the Wifi. When waking up it reconnects to Wifi again.
No great problem to me as long as I have mobile data too.

Hi,
some time ago I reported the following problems from some of my logcat logs:

Today I found https://source.android.com/docs/core/permissions/perms-allowlist
There is documented the way to set permissions for system apps.

Questions:
Which part is responsible to set those permissions for system apps like “SystemUI”?
Is it the task of the LOS19.1 package for FP3/3+? - or is this the task of MindTheGapps?
Is it possible to add a settings file to /etc/permissions without rooting the device? - by adb session with console text editor like “vi”? - or is this partition mounted read-only?
My Fp3 freezes very often and several activities are lasting longer the used from Stock-ROM.
For example MagicEarth freezes on LOS19.1 at FP3 very often.
Also on start of “Open Camera” the access to the camera device is often provided with a very long delay.

So I’d like to fix all my detected permission problems to see whether this changes anything of the other problems.

Bye,
Achim