Official LineageOS 19 for Fairphone 3/3+

Are downgrades supported? Iā€™m using the MicroG FP3 build and want to go back from 20221010 to 20220823 because I currenctly canā€™t access my work websites due to the drm bug.

Anybody else sees these messages in logcat, or is this my personal fate?

10-22 16:30:54.943 11307 11572 W NetworkScheduler: Error inserting flex_time=2000 job_id=-1 period=5000 source=16 requires_charging=0 preferred_network_type=1 target_class=com.google.android.gms.measurement.PackageMeasurementTaskService user_id=0 target_package=com.google.android.gms tag=Measurement.PackageMeasurementTaskService.UPLOAD_TASK_TAG task_type=0 required_idleness_state=0 service_kind=0 source_version=224113000 persistence_level=1 preferred_charging_state=1 required_network_type=0 runtime=1666449054931 retry_strategy={"maximum_backoff_seconds":{"3600":0},"initial_backoff_seconds":{"30":0},"retry_policy":{"0":0}} last_runtime=0 [CONTEXT service_id=218 ] 10-22 16:30:54.943 11307 11572 W NetworkScheduler: android.database.sqlite.SQLiteConstraintException: UNIQUE constraint failed: pending_ops.tag, pending_ops.target_class, pending_ops.target_package, pending_ops.user_id (code 2067 SQLITE_CONSTRAINT_UNIQUE)

I updated to the new microg build (20221020), but it didnā€™t fix the bank issue. Tried to downgrade to the working build (20220823) via adb sideload and it didnā€™t let me.
Iā€™m considering a clean install of the downgrade, but itā€™s such a chore :sweat_smile:

Can anyone try out todayā€™s update and see if the above mentioned issues are resolved?

• DRM issue
  • Download taking too long
  • Anything else?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Current issues:
-Dial-tone usually missing
-wifi drop in locked mode. no reconnecting in locked mode.
-high power consumption. I have to charge every 1-2 days with moderate use.

DRM I never checked. Download of the update ran with 10mbyte/sec, which is the max. Speed of the line.

1 Like

Hey @TeamB58. Thanks for asking. Current issues for me:

• Dial-tone usually missing
  • Alarm clock: Snoozing via shaking or turing down the device does not work. Very annoying for all night owls out there. :slight_smile: It was at least present since LOS 18.1:

Thanks for the hard and good work! :heart:

Thanks.

For the alarm, please file a bug so that relevant team can look into it. Do mention that it was there since 18.1.

For the dial tone issue, I thought it was fixed. Let me check this again.

High power consumption, can you see whatā€™s consuming more?

WiFi drop, strange again as it was fixed a few weeks ago. Iā€™ll continue to observe this one.

Thanks. Here (global) or here (device specific)?

I did not mention power consumption, but I notice this too. I thought itā€™s because of (in my case) missing Google Play Services resulting in a constant connection to Signal and Threema servers.

Fix found for the ringback issue. Submitted here: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_fairphone_FP3/+/343468/1

Should get fixed in next update.

2 Likes

Thanks for fixing the ring tone.

Mobile network consumed 25% alone in 32h. The rest was small percentages only. Not enough to add up to 100%, but that is all i could get from the battery settings.

Hereā€™s the issue: Alarm clock settings to snooze by shake or turning down do not work on Fairphone 3 (LOS 19.1) (#5255) Ā· Issues Ā· LineageOS / issues / android Ā· GitLab

So, I just tried to install the 20221107 update via the updater and am now stuck in a boot loop.

FP3+ with the official LOS19 ROM and MindTheGapps. I also got the ā€œusualā€ crashed apps during the update installation, but it normally works despite them, so I didnā€™t think anything of it.

Eventually the updater app finished installing the update, I started the reboot, and now itā€™s boot looping. Each try takes two or three minutes before the phone shutting off and trying again.

Fixed it by rebooting into recovery via volume up + power, and manually sideloading the update (plus MindTheGapps, to be safeā€¦). Everything seems to work again now.

Not sure what, or why, this happened. If there is any diagnostic data (logs, or similar) that I can provide, Iā€™d be happy to do so.

Yes please.

Enable USB debugging and authorize it. Start capturing logs as soon as the device reboots using adb logcat -c && adb logcat -b all > crash.log.

Edit: Just now tried the update and it went smoothly.

Thanks.

For me, it went smoothly, also, but with the intermediate step of flashing a magisk-patched boot image
Otherwise, the known effects of force closed apps. And it definitely finishes faster if the screen stays on (caffeine for help :slight_smile: )

Will this still give you relevant data even if Iā€™m not stuck in a bootloop any more? If so, Iā€™ll get you those logs later today.

I donā€™t think so. Bootloop ā†’ Restart happens normally when thereā€™s something crashes continuously. Would have been good to get this detail and address. Try to capture them when it happens next time.

Hi All,
Thank you for your continuous support for LineageOS on FP3.

Now that we have addressed the last bit of blocking issues, do we still have any more issues to be addressed that is critical/blocking?

Or, are we good to move to Android 13 via LineageOS 20? Iā€™m super excited about it actually.

Looking forward to your feedback and suggestion.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi!

Thanks again for your work, having an up-to-date minimal Android install available just because I have the luck to have the same phone as some motivated person is so great.

I am wondering if the DRM issue is fixed? I am using the lineage+microg distributions which is almost 3 weeks old, so maybe I am in an outdated situation:

• ā€œadb logcatā€ still shows a lot of ā€˜library ā€œandroid.hardware.drm@1.0.soā€ not foundā€™ as described by @Kariburger
  • some video apps like Twitch or Disney+ consistently freeze (Disney+ at first launch and Twitch when trying to open a stream), which seems to increase the frequency of the warning above, so I guess itā€™s related?

I think the DRM related fix was merged on Oct 21 - one day after the last LOS4MG build made. So you will have to wait for the next one ā€¦

1 Like