Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

When will Android 12/LineageOS 19 will be released for the Fairphone 3(+)?

LineageOS ditched the .1 versioning scheme. Its just LineageOS 19 now.

Hello All,
A short update on what’s happening with respect to LineageOS 18.1 for FP3:

We have a huge set of changes lined up(https://review.lineageos.org/q/topic:FP3-stock-R-changes). This would help fix most of the reported issues(the Bluetooth audio, the camera). As part of this change, we are now migrating to Official Android 11 proprietary blobs + new and up-to-date kernel source.

Since it’s a huge change we are currently involved in an in-depth validation phase to make sure everything works fine before moving ahead.

Will let you know if there’s any more updates on this.

Thanks.

10 Likes

+1 here. I wondered if it’s possible to fix “snooze when shaking the device” option in the alarm clock? @dk1978
Or is this impossible due to hardware restrictions?

Good news,
The changes are now merged and should be available in next build.

I would request users with a secondary device to first install the OTA package that will be available this week and share feedback. I don’t expect any major issues but still, would be good to follow this to be on safer side.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Head over to [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Unofficial LineageOS 19.0 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+ - #12 by TeamB58 for more information.

Certainly an interesting task. I will look into that.

2 Likes

Good news,
The changes are now merged and should be available in next build.

I would request users with a secondary device to first install the OTA package that will be available this week and share feedback. I don’t expect any major issues but still, would be good to follow this to be on safer side.

Camera is fixed with this update. Thank you very much!

I am not able to apply the recent OTA update
https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/FP3/20220502/lineage-18.1-20220502-nightly-FP3-signed.zip

The updater shows that the file has a size of 791 MB instead of 754 MB. When I run the Update and reboot, the device shows “Fairphone” at the boot screen, immediately reboots again and I see that the recent update from 02.05.2022 ist not installed - The Update still shows “Install”.

I installed the update, but the issues with podcast addict, open camera and osmand persist.
Sofar everything else seems to remain funktional.

Edit: it restarted with the old image, so no surprise. Will try to install it again.

Edit 2: well, the image does not start after the reboot. During the Installation, the drop down window shows Installation error, but keeps in doing something.

These issues are now solved as of today’s update, thanks!!

Well, it looks like the storage issue is a LOS specific problem. There’s an issue that states many devices are hit. So, “ours” seems to be only the camera topic

I tried adb sideload in recovery mode: The image installs fine but does not start after the reboot. As @aes0p said: “The device shows “Fairphone” at the boot screen, immediately reboots again” to the previous image/slot. My device is locked, maybe unlocked ones work?
@neurosnail, @docloy: Can you confirm that your are running the image dated 2nd May 2022 now? If yes: Are your devices locked or unlocked?

1 Like

Unfortunately I also experienced a non-booting May 2 update: after installing it, pressed REBOOT. Screen went black and nothing happened. Had to press Power for 10 s, then vibration-Fairphone logo-another vibration-Fairphone logo again-Lineage boot animation-and I’m back in my April 25 build.

My FP3 has a re-locked bootloader.

Power to the debuggers, and thanks for your efforts!

2 Likes

That’s right, 2nd May release successfully installed for me today, and yes my bootloader is unlocked.

2 Likes

I also have a re-locked bootloader. That might be the reason why the 2nd May build ist not working?! I hope devs will fix this in future releases - fingers crossed.

2 Likes

@Cudo I can confirm that I’m running the built from 05/02/22. My bootloader is unkocked.

2 Likes

@TeamB58, after a power off from the running old build > fastboot --set-active=[other slot] > FP logo > vibration > FP logo and bootup in the old build, /sys/fs/pstore was empty. Could this mean that the new kernel doesn’t even boot up because the bootloader already rejects it on my locked device for some reason?

1 Like

Thanks for this additional information. I was confident that kernel was in good shape. Looks like it is not. I’ll start investigating this.

Apologies for this mess.

If it’s affecting more users then shall I get the build removed from server?

3 Likes

I have no clue how many users re-locked their bootloaders, which may/appear to be the affected ones. Anyway, they don’t really suffer from a broken functionality in their daily usage as “only” the installation won’t succeed. But the unlocked users benefit from the update as their camera now works. As long as several installation attempts of the users with locked devices won’t break anything or force a wipe, I’d say the current update more helps than harms. But certainly the decision is up to @dk1978 and you!

6 Likes