Official LineageOS 18.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

I inserted a SD card and choose to add it to the phone storage, not a standalone storage. I lost my pictures folder, the camera can’t save images and o can’t save screenshots. Any suggestions on what went wrong?

This went wrong:

Please see the sdcardguide.

3 Likes

My phone likes to not respond when it gets to low battery, around <10%. The other day I had to force restart by holding the power button as charging didn’t wake it.

I am still experiencing this. Anyone else? Left my phone plugged in while “frozen” for an hour to no response, only a hard reboot fixes it.

Hello last night my phone plug in power and in the morning i must hard reset with the power button to usw it, too. In the last time sometime is the same.

Recently I’ve been having more and more problems with disconnects from WIFI every few minutes although the connection is strong. Usually when I enter the WIFI settings it immediately reconnets. I cannot point to a specific moment or update after which this started, though. Anyone having the same issues?

Maybe it’s the notorious 5GHz channel 116+ problem? … My FP3 doesn't like higher 5Ghz Wifi channels, especially channel 116

Is it possible to set temporary ipv6 address ?

net.ipv6.conf.default.use_tempaddr=2
net.ipv6.conf.all.use_tempaddr=2

Over the Safety Net issue, would it be possible to “just sign the images” as it’s my understanding that it’s the condition for Safety Net to validate the device ?

Hi,

I’ve read this whole thread, and a good chunk of the 17.1 thread, as well as the LOS Upgrade guide and I’m afraid I need some guidance. Sorry if what I’m asking for is answered elsewhere, in that case please point me to that.

I’m on the latest version of LOS 17.1, and I would like to upgrade to 18.1, mainly for security, but I’m afraid of losing all my data. Even though I’m pretty technical, my understanding of low-level Android stuff is sparse.

I installed opengapps pico and rooted the phone with Magisk (23). OTA updates in LOS 17 have worked fine so far. However I’ve read that upgrading to a new major version of LOS might not be so smooth so I’ve stopped updating.

I have two questions:

1. What’s the best way to back up all my app data & settings? Is there a way to do it by cloning en entire partition?
  2. Is there a possibility to upgrade OTA without losing data, with my setup above? What could affect it? Could I use the a/b slots to try it out and then go back to my current setup if it doesn’t work?
1 Like

Something was being cooked for quite some time :grinning:

Can anyone guess what the change is?

ETA: End of Q1 unfortunately.

6 Likes

Spoiler, i saw your other thread. Can’t wait :slight_smile: !

1 Like

Do you happen to know whether this kernel has the more efficient fuse implementation?
The one now in use on 18.1 is slooow…

Unfortunately I am not in a position to comment on this as I don’t use this as a daily driver.

My idea here is,

1. Wait until we have A11 release
  2. Get the latest blobs.
  3. Skip A11 kernel and directly go with A12 kernel(because when A12 is released it’s not feasible to rework on this again) and go on.
  4. By doing this, I can promise bi-monthly security updates for kernel as well.

DK is on leave. Waiting for his opinion as well. I am open to feedback and suggestions from all of you.

Thanks,
TeamB58.

6 Likes

I have not been following so actively here for the last few months.

I had regular problems with LOS17.1 in combination with Bluetooth. As soon as two Fairphone 3 have talked on the phone with each other (both via Bluetooth). The volume was much too low, so you can not understand each other.

This was never solved with LOS17.1. Unfortunately, I could never find out the cause.

Is LOS18.1 stable? Are there still limitations?
Does anyone have the described Bluetooth problem also with LOS18.1?

Since last update, the phone doesn’t ring on incoming calls. It doesn’t show anything on the display either. If I have a Bluetooth headset connected, iäthe headset rings and I can answer the call, but the phone doesn’t show anything. The call shows up in the history. That’s all.

No problems here, phone rings normal and display lights up

Seems my SD card is broken. Maybe that has something to do with phone not ringing. I haven’t had anything but trouble with SD cards in my FP3.

Yeah, I guess there’s indeed a problem with SD Cards… And they are slow, even if premium cards…

My sd card is working fine and it is pretty fast, except that deleting big files takes forever. For each GB in filesize it takes like 8 seconds. :man_shrugging: it’s kinda weird.

I rebooted my phone and now it wants to reformat the sdcard.