Official LineageOS 17.1 for Fairphone 3/Fairphone 3+

I’ve just installed the latest built and am happy to also report that the Night Light and Live Display are now working.

Additionally: Retaining root by re-flashing Magisk via the Magisk-App (using the “install to inactive slot after OTA”-option) also worked seamlessly. TWRP was also retained using the TWRP_retention_script Magisk module. However, the TWRP app still just crashes when I select “TWRP-Flash”. Anyway, microG, AFWall+ and AdAway all resumed their work and I coudn’t be happier with the way this worked out.

Again: Thank you very much for your work @dk1978!

3 Likes

I really hope the Micro G builder starts making LOS 17.1 updates soon :frowning:

4 Likes

This is rather common for LineageOS ROMs. You can register your phone with google though: Google Play Certification – LineageOS – LineageOS Android Distribution

1 Like

Does @dk1978 initiate these builds or is it someone else?

Nope, I think its completely unrelated.
It resides here: GitHub - lineageos4microg/docker-lineage-cicd: Docker microservice for LineageOS Continuous Integration and Continous Deployment

There are many people asking about whats going on, why no ROMs are getting build, etc. Also the build structure is completely intransparent and nearly no communication happens… The maintainers of lineage4microg do not even merge pull requests :confused:

I’m building it on my own now…

3 Likes

No indeed, I don’t know these people. They pull the official LineageOS stuff on their own initiative and provide the finished OTA zips (or not). I also recommend building your own micro-g-patched image, if you want it. I set up a small repository to help me do the necessary merging of micro-g patches. Use at own risk.

4 Likes

Do you also have a script publicly available to then build the signed lineage image from the patched source?

Currently I’m also building it with the docker container you forked and removed the build steps from. But I would be interesting in seeing how you finally build the image :slight_smile:

No, no signing in my case. But you could easily adapt the settings in src/init.sh to also sign with your own key.

1 Like

I can’t register. The commands on the website https://www.google.com/android/uncertified/ gave me the result “Error: no such column: android_id”.

btw @dk1978 I can confirm it too that the Night Light and Live Display are working. Now my phone is “complete”. It wasn’t really bad that it was not working. But it was a feature I liked and it is good to have it back.

Just want to say a BIG THX for the good lineaos builds. Just got my FP3+ as an upgrade to my broken FP2 and installed the lineageos 17.1 / 2021-03-15 nightly (after upgrading to the latest official fairphone builds) with magisk and unifiednlp. Everything is working like a charm without any hickups since some days. I have a very stable 4G connection and calls are established very fast and reliably! phone ui also feels very fast.

unifiedNLP FP builds for fairphone (Releases · WeAreFairphone/flashable-zip_microG · GitHub) seem a bit outdated and do not work, but this procedure on reddit for the OnePlus 3 actually worked for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/iycelq/current_state_of_unifiednlp/g717tw6?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3.

Only thing that was a bit disappointing in the end was the very minimal camera app compared to the lineageos builds for FP2. Is there any chance to get a similar camera app for the FP3+?

1 Like

Looking more and more attractive!

I’m a big fan of the Color Calibration within Live Display, which allows me to reduce the blue channel for a more neutral color rendition of the FP3 display. @The_Little_Death Is this available now?

I can confirm that Live Display is available now and works perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

An update from my side: we have decided to integrate modem and dsp partition images into the coming LineageOS updates. It may take a while for that to be approved in our case by LineageOS directors and I am still testing it here locally. This means that an OTA update will now contain these partition images in its payload:

boot.img  dsp.img  dtbo.img  mdtp.img  modem.img  rpm.img  system.img  vbmeta.img  vendor.img

The dsp, mdtp, modem and rpm images are new. I hope that this eliminates all remaining problems with reboots during calls for those users who are still using older stock images. I also expect this to work with locked bootloaders. Note that we are being selective about what to ship, and not updating everything (bootloaders, Keymaster, TrustZone) like a stock Fairphone update would do. If any problems pop up, please let me know. Keep in mind that the FP3 is an A/B device and can easily be rolled back to the working slot if an update goes bad for you.

18 Likes

The March update for lineageos for microg is finally out.
I’ve just installed it and I did not run into any problem.
LiveDisplay now works as intended : many thanks to @dk1978 !

9 Likes

@dk1978 :
There is a little problem that annoys me but I do not know if it is related to LineageOS, Android or the FairPhone itself : the alarm clock can be really unreliable, ringing sometimes up to 5 minutes too late.
Last time, I had to check my phone to realize it did not ring despite being 7 minutes late … just to ring after that.
Could that just be the phone going too deep in sleep ?
I always put on the energy saver but I do want my alarm to be more precise…

That behavior is not acceptable. Please file a bug report with LineageOS using the links in the thread header. Maybe one of the other LOS devs has seen the issue before. Be sure to include complete logcat dumps.

1 Like

Understood.

Be sure to include complete logcat dumps.

Hum, sorry to ask : I guess this dump must be made just after I notice such delay happening, right ?
==> Alright, answer found on the right page (How to submit a bug report | LineageOS Wiki).

Did you add your alarm clock app to the apps that are not stopped by the system when in background, especially when turning on energy save mode? (Settings->apps->special app access->battery optimization->not optimized)

1 Like

The clock I use is : com.android.deskclock.
And yes, I had already checked, but this app is classified as “battery optimization unavailable”.

2 Likes

OK, done : it had a new delay today of 5 minutes.
The bug is filed here : https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3208

1 Like