Official LineageOS 20 FP4

Does the wideangle Camera work with Open Camera with Lineage OS?

Yes, all cameras work with OpemCamera

1 Like

So you just reminded me of my last stay in Paris, where I couldn’t use the app. Since my banking app is working since a couple of weeks now, I just tried IDF Mobilités again. If I use Magisk with Zygisk, Enforce DenyList and IDF Mobilités added to the DenyList, it seems to work. That wasn’t the case three months ago. I’m not on pure LOS but on iodéOS 4.x (LOS 20), but this shouldn’t make a difference in this case, I think.

Same mechanic to get Doctolib working except you’ll need to fully pass safety net so changing device signature to Fairphone 3/3 plus is also required to get it to work with LOS.

Also the high resolution/48MP?

Most likely not. The patch basically bypasses the system camera permission check. But it seems that it’s still capped at 12MP (and even below 12MP in Camera2 mode). See:

4 Likes

No, it has only 12MP

1 Like

wideangle lense yes, 48MP no

1 Like

Can’t tell for sure as I use Linux, but when I connect my phone and choose File Transfer for the USB connection, lsusb shows it as

ID 18d1:4ee2 Google Inc. Nexus/Pixel Device (MTP + debug)

That suggests the Google drivers might work. Look for any Pixel device or the Nexus 5 (the Nexus 4 and earlier devices used different device IDs).

Which version of Magisk do you use? Do you have a link as isn’t John’s being depricated? Or did I hear that wrong? Where’s the safest site to download the modules?

im using john wu’s git to download magisk, the git hub is still active, so i hope it continues, works perfect.

1 Like

Found it thanks I’ve started it and added to my list in Git. Been out of the custom ROMs game for a while and now I’m back in IT I bought the FP4 specifically to tweak :grin:

First, Thank you to everybody who has worked to help make LOS available for the FP4! This thread is incredibly informative and helpful.

I’m preparing to install LOS20 on a FP4 and am trying to understand the different options for having access to the Google apps with LineageOS… Ultimately, I need the phone to have functional GMail and Google Maps.

I think the two main options are:

• install an Open GApps or MindtheGapps package immediately after installing LOS
  • install LineageOS for microG (for which a build for FP4 is not available yet, but expected soon)

is that accurate? Will GMail and Google Maps both be installed or readily available with both of these options?

Also, I see from the LineageOS for microG FAQ that the Open GApps use more storage and drain the battery faster than the microG package. Also, more of the microG package is free (libre) software. Are there other differences that are noteworthy?

Thanks in advance

I have the official LineageOS + MindThe Gapps on my FP4. Works great here :smiley:. There is no Open GApps yet for Android 13 / LineageOS 20. You have to take MindTheGapps. And yes, you have to install it immediately after installing LOS. With MindTheGapps you get the Google Services and the Google Play Store. GMail and Google Maps are not included, but you can install both easily through the Play Store.

I haven’t tried LineageOS for microG (yet).

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed reduced battery life after updating to the official LineageOS version? Mine barely holds a day now, even with light use.

Here FOS → official LineageOS + MindTheGapps: battery live is the same.

I find it the same or slightly better. On mindthegapps with seedvault backup and both nextcloud and syncthing running in the background.

Does anybody have Ghost touches on Linage OS?

I haven’t got them anymore, like I wrote in the other thread, but they happened to me on LineageOS and iodéOS, both with Android 12.

Getting better had them on first build