October '15 production and delivery update - Blog

This morning at the team meeting we heard that final assembly did not start today. Allegedly there are problems with the PCB’s.

I am now trying to get more info and hope to sent it out over mail and post in the blog.
This is all I know now, as soon as I hear more, you will hear from me.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news…

10 Likes

Ouch! Let’s hope for the best…

1 Like

Thanks for bearing the news! I prefer bad news over no news!

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us! Although it seems to be bad news, I am happy to be well informed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

completely agree!
@douwe Is Fairphone planning a “production update” for this weeks blog entry?

We are planning indeed, but I can not say when as some of the dates that should be in that blog are now unclear

6 Likes

As delivery date nears, even if there seems to be some bumps ahead, are there any news about the software? Just asking as I very much would like to have permission management for apps like in CM and the likes…

Klaus

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Should FP announce early and sometimes get it wrong, or better not announce at all?

So are there any news ?

New blog post is just in! https://www.fairphone.com/2015/11/25/sar-spare-parts-and-everything-you-need-to-know-about-your-fairphone-2/

2 Likes

My issue - this is 3 blogs in one.

Fairphone team (@Douwe) you really need to break these things up. For a start, unless all 3 pieces of info come in aright at once, it’s artificially holding back some info. Secondly, online content performs much better when broken into single-subject chunks.

Can we please have shorter, more regular single-subject blogs?

3 Likes

I disagree with you on that. It’s a decent update, which is not too long and it doesn’t feel like they artificially held information back to give a longer update. So far, Fairphone has done a very good job at keeping us updated and it appears that there’s another couple of updates around the corner.

I would also be happy about shorter and more regular updates, but @Douwe does a nice job and Fairphone’s been more than fair regarding their communication! Of course there’s always room for improvement, but it also need to make sense and we couldn’t tell really, as we’re missing all the behind the scenes info. Compared to other companies, I’m still more than happy with Fairphone and think that others can learn a lot from them! :smile:

5 Likes

It’s the end of november and still I don’t know when my Fairphone 2 will be delivered.

1 Like

I think they don’t even know themselves… :blush:

1 Like

I always thought announcing a delivery date before you had mass produced any devices was a bit unwise.

But not announce a delivery date (as a best guess based on the available data) would (and did) annoy a lot of people as well…
As you can see: it is not possible to make it right for ALL!

And until now it seems it is only a week…

2 Likes

True enough. I would have thought building in a month of spare time for delays would have been wise though. People are very forgiving if you give them a weekly update!

I am very sure that they build in spare time for delays, especially after the experience with their last phone. They might just have used it all up.
Not holding the FP2 in my hands yet but I hope it is not too early to say that they’re doing much better than last time :thumbsup:

1 Like

I just hope my delivery number close to 3000 is small enough for a delivery before christmas :smiley:

Mine is around 6600 so I’m in doubt about the delivery before christmas