Number of ring tones before it goes to message

How can I increase the ring time on my Fairphone 4

Jim

Best way is to create your own ā€˜ring toneā€™ . I use an mp3 music file of over three minutes

does this extend the time before the call is fowarded to mailboxšŸ¤”

1 Like

Have a look here and see if this works

1 Like

Iā€™ve never checked my mailbox :slight_smile:
Just checked my EE voice[mailbox] and I have none there

Since 2G, you can increase it to 30 sec max, unless your provider has a fixed setting (for example with Orange F itā€™s 20 sec.)

Maybe Iā€™m wrong about the length of time my ring tone plays. I use a particular track for a few reasons, so maybe Iā€™m so used to hearing it I think it never stops.

Iā€™ll check to see if it is 20 or 30 seconds maybe :slight_smile:

It also maybe down to how long the caller can keep the connection alive ??

See this and following posts in the same thread.

1 Like

I use a song as ring tone and it would never play till the end even if the caller would be that penetrant. @chantoine explained it its around 15-20-30seconds max.

1 Like

Thats exactly as described in the article I linked to

Thank you all for your response. Dial a code 61*331100# then dial the 00 is the time your desire. You will get a return that confirms the new time. If it fails you will get ā€œinvalid MMI codeā€¦ā€ the It turns out that the length of time the phone rings is dependent on your service provider. I use Telekom. I was able to increase the length of time to 90 seconds. On my wifeā€™s phone using Congstar I could not get more than 30 seconds.

Thank you all for replying Jim

4 Likes

Minor comment: your provider can set the maximum length. The code you dial allows you to choose a value less than or equal to the limit set by the provider.
I rather suspect (but havenā€™t made any tests), that if you try to set a value greater than the limit set by the provider, your request will be ignored (rather, for example, than resulting in a setting equal to the maximum value set by the provider).

Want your Samsung Galaxy Note to ring for longer? Hereā€™s how to change the ring pattern.

Using the keypad, dial **61*Divert No.*11*N#
Then press the call key and you're all done.

N= number of seconds youā€™d like it to ring for (from 5 to 30 seconds). If you want to increase the number of times just enter a higher number for example for 25 seconds enter 25#.

Apparently in 5 sec increments

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/phones-and-devices/samsung/galaxy-note#top-tips/lengthen-ring-pattern

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.