Not seeing Fairphone Open 22.04.0-rel.1 via Updater?

How can I persuade the Fairphone Updater app to offer me Fairphone Open 22.04.0-rel.1 (forum post)? Currently it is only offering me 22.02.0-rel.0 (the first Android 10 release).

My Fairphone 2 is currently running Fairphone Open 21.12.0-rel.1 (Android 9). Updater has been offering me 22.02.0-rel.0 for some months, occasionally popping up to say so (including, I think, since 22.04.0-rel.1 was announced in May), but I haven’t been ready for the upgrade. Now that I’m more or less ready, of course I want to go to the latest version.

The update instructions say “We only offer Android 10 to devices that run version 1.50.5 of the Fairphone Updater app.” Using dumpsys package com.fairphone.updater, I see that I have 1.50.4:

versionCode=15004 minSdk=23 targetSdk=30
    versionName=1.50.4

Nevertheless, I am being offered Android 10, albeit not the latest version of that.
The update instructions further say that I should get a new version of the Updater app via the Google Play Store, but since I am running Fairphone Open, I don’t have that; I use F-Droid, which doesn’t carry the Fairphone Updater app. So the only way I get new versions of the Fairphone Updater app is through OS upgrades. If a new Updater app is necessary, what’s the intended upgrade path for Fairphone Open users?

(I also notice that Updater is using 466 MB of storage. Perhaps it has downloaded and cached 22.02.0-rel.0? I haven’t tried clearing this storage to see what happens.)

I could of course try a manual installation, but all my upgrades so far have been OTA via the Updater app, and I’d prefer to use that route if I can.

(Thanks to the software team at Fairphone continuing to provide Android updates for the FP2 – I appreciate the effort involved.)

I assume once you have the Feb Version installed you will then see the April update afterwards. Maybe better to go step by step than skipping.

4 Likes

You can use the Aurora app to search for the latest updater version on play store.

@jtn Can you try again? A direct update to 22.04.0-rel.1 should be available now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, it popped up and offered me Fairphone Open 22.04.0-rel.1 about 8 hours ago. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.