No root with Magisk after FP3 Update 8901.4.A.0013.4

Hey people,

After installing the 8901.4.A.0013.4 update, I’m unable to regain root through the Magisk method. Using the stock rom, no matter what Magisk Manager version I use, it shows “installed: N/A” and the only method shown is “select a file and patch”. However, even after patching the boot.img with Magisk and flashing it, the status “installed: N/A” doesn’t change and I do not gain root access.

By reverting back to to 4.A.0010 and doing the the whole “patch boot.img with magisk and flash it”-procedure, I can get root access again.

Did anybody manage to get root with Magisk under A.0013.4?

Edit: I have also carefully checked all the A/B slot possibilities and that I was always using the slot with the patched boot.img or installed it on both slots.

1 Like

I solved the problem, in case anybody else experiences this, here is my solution:

I downloaded and installed the newest magisk manager (25.2), renamed the .apk to .zip, booted into TWRP 3.6.2 and flashed the .zip file. This did the trick.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.