No notification icon for alarm clock

I only just noticed that when setting the alarm clock, no icon is showing on the status bar. Other Android phones I checked have a bell icon next to network and battery icons if an alarm is set.

This morning I was woken early, because I didn’t see the alarm was still on :slightly_frowning_face:

Is this a known issue, or is there a setting somewhere that I can’t find?

(Sorry if it’s not the same for you as I’m on /e/OS, but in my case it can be configured here and I hope it’s the same on your OS:)
Settings → System → Status bar → System Icons → Alarm (enable slider)

No, I don’t have that option, unfortunately.

I searched the settings for ‘alarm’, ‘icon’, etc but can’t seem to find anything relevant

1 Like

Thats a known since A12 with FPOS already.

please have a look here.

Its the same on the FP5 so if at all a feature request to Fairphone in my eyes

1 Like

Yes, it’s gone since A12. Alarm settings now only appear in the “Alarm” tile (in the pull down menu, you might have to configure it first), and when the alarm time approaches, a notification also appears on the lock screen (“Upcoming alarm…”).

2 Likes

Oh well, at least that makes it a little less annoying :wink:. Thanks.

I just found out that the default clock widget also shows the alarm, if set. (And the Microsoft clock widget that I use, too!). That’s good enough for me, I guess.

1 Like

Happy to help. :smiley:
I got used to using the Alarm tile. That, and the “Upcoming Alarm…” notification manage to keep me up to date (and I use a lot of very different alarms and reminders).

Closing to not further duplicate, please see previous topic