New software update Kola Nut 1.8.5 is ready

Beautiful, thanks for the update.
One thing is a pity, though. Up until now I’ve been using 1.8 and I really liked the new home screen lay-out. It’s a pity the lay out is the old one again now. Will the 1.8 lay out be re-introduced again in the future?

David

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. My fault, I think. Fairphone update said I needed to restart. This triggered some more updates and then I was prompted to log-in to Google again and all is fine now.

3 Likes

You can still get it back! :]

Edit: here is the link - http://storage.googleapis.com/fairphone-updates/FairphoneKitKatLauncher_10.apk

Hi David,

This is explained in the opening post. You can install it again if you want.

Hello! I just did the update without experiencing any trouble. But I have to complain about one thing: the french tutorial. The name of it “Manuels française” is not correct and they are many other small languages mistakes. Plus at one point, there is a link to a “storage upgrade article” which is only in English. I have no trouble with having the docs in English or German, but correcting and translating them in a good French sounds like a good idea to me. If you need help with that, I’ll be glad to do it.

6 Likes

Aah, that’s what you meant with that version 2 launcher. I thought it was about the Fairphone updater app. I’ll install that one then :slight_smile:
Thanks!

2 Likes

The pre-update went ok (I guess), but Koala Nut 1.8.5 wont install. App says there is an update. Download seems to go ok. After download I have to restart the Fairphone, but when pressing the restart button in the update app it says “File not found: /cache/fp_update_21.zip”.

I tried manual reboot, but no update occurs.
I noticed that each time the update app is opened (due to closing the app or screensaver) I have to re-download the update.
Last time I paid more attention to what happens (while writing this post) and noticed there is a brief moment after download where the app says “no space on cache partition” (or something close to this).

I will come back later after a cache purge and retry.

Hi Nadir,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently going through the French translations and we will optimize it.

The interactive tutorial in French is our first step towards more supported languages on the support page. Unfortunately we don’t have the capacity yet to fully translate all support articles. We will work on this in the feature :]

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear this. Try to download the Kola Nut 1.8.5 update again (through the Fairphone Updater app) while keeping the screen active. This might does the trick. Let me know!

@rick,

Nope, sorry.
Went into recovery. Wiped cache. Rebooted.
Started update, download ok. Errormessage: No space left on /cache.

Will try manual update through recovery.

(I have a repartitioned phone using the Meteos MTK6589 ROM edit to have a 4GB /data, maybe that messed up the update)

I moved a post to an existing topic: What’s wrong with consistency?

Update went ok - but I have lost ALL MY ICONS now.
brilliant. :frowning:

Question: Could try to get them back with “restore” of older saved version, or do I have to set them all up completely again?

Tnx for help.

I’m afraid you will need to put them back. >;’[

Sorry but this update is really not done in a thoughtful manner. Half of my contacts are gone!
Edit: MOST of my contacts are lost. Any suggestion why a system update wipes out my data? Very dissappointed.

After doing the update, I didn’t ser any differens. So I did one more (don’t know why really, I liked how it was). Somehow I now have the Cherry update and I can’t change anything becase there is this thing coming up on my screen saying “android.process.media have been stopped”. What does it mean and how do I do an update again!?

You most likely still need to reinstall the app store on your phone.
After you have done that please add your Google account again.

Once your phone is done synchronizing with Google your contacts will most likely be back again! :smile:

After updating you still need to reinstall the app store again.

Ah, they’re back. I think it takes 5-15 minutes before Google syncs with the phone’s data.

4 Likes

But that’s the problem, I can’t. I am told that the process is stopped and I can’t do anything…

And my Fairphone updater says that there are no updates available.