New slim back cover

And who’s that beneath the stage?

2 Likes

I have no idea… My guess is @anon90052001 or @anon44125571

1 Like

This afternoon Fairphone reported on Facebook and Twitter that the freshed-up Fairphone 2 with slim covers started shipping today :slight_smile: Whether it’s already on the way from the NL to buyers or still from Asia to the NL I couldn’t make out from the announcement.

1 Like

@Douwe
The dark blue (indigo) slim cover is still missing from the shop - is this on purpose?

3 Likes

Dear Fairphone team,

are there any plans on offering more colours for the slim cover, i.e. a black one?

My 3rd regular cover begins to fall apart now. Instead of opening another warranty ticket I’d wait for a black slim cover (and pay for it) if it is worth the wait.

Thanks!

Max

1 Like

Just in case anyone would like to know: A fellow Fairphoner just reported that she received her Fairphone 2 with Indigo case the other day. So while the Indigo case is still absent even from the “announced” accessoires in the Fairphone Shop, it is now confirmed that they have been produced and delivered with regular market Fairphone 2s. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I too would inquire about a black slim cover. So far I had no issues with the old ones I have (one in use and modified with HR quickfix holders, one spare), but I’m not liking the colors on offer so far.

7 Likes

I just noticed that the slim covers are now available to order as accessories! Let’s hope they last longer than the old ones…

7 Likes

Where is the slim blue one?

4 Likes

And for everyone looking for it: Here is the link! :wink:

https://shop.fairphone.com/en/accessories/filter/choose-your-fairphone/fairphone-2/sort-by-type/case

1 Like

It is still being produced at our partner Broadway. But it should be in the shop as well next week :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Oh, please don’t say there’s a black one coming, too! :open_mouth: I just ordered the most less ugly (the white one)… :confused:

2 Likes

Still waiting for a nice green one… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

There are no colors for the current slim cases other then previously announed.

1 Like

what about the “old” fat cases. Black and transparent?
Are they the same one, like before, or have you changed something in the tecnology or material?

1 Like

See a little further above:

3 Likes

Thanks, but did this affects also the transparent and the black cover as well?
For me this description is only for the new (colored) covers.

This is not good. As you know, a big part of the FP2 is sold (or selling) in Germany.
Black is the German’s (And maybe also European’s) favorite color. Its classic, bold, sexy and absolute neutral color. And also unisex. :wink:
All who want black are forced to buy the fat case, and this is something, what can be done better.

White, Black and Transparent should be ALWAYS in the FP2 color portfolio, all other colors like the colors of the new cases should be optional…

I can’t imagine, that lot of guys will be happy with new colors…

10 Likes

Today I received the new slim cover. I ordered two of them, for me and for a friend of mine.
I like the red cover, but didn’t like the combination with the blue buttons, so we changed the frontborder and backcover, maybe also an option for other users here!

Original combination:

New Combination:

So now I use the red/black one, my friend the white/blue one.

20 Likes

Excellent move! I think the white one gains a whole new character this way. So much more fun and life. :slight_smile: If I had an FP2 I would want the same combination (but given my FP1 looks like surviving until the end of the smartphone age, I will probably never need one).

I think many would love to do the same with the turquoise cover whose blue buttons are quite a bad match in my eyes.

P.S.: I sense headaches for Fairphone’s shopkeepers :wink:

6 Likes