New slim back cover

Excellent move! I think the white one gains a whole new character this way. So much more fun and life. :slight_smile: If I had an FP2 I would want the same combination (but given my FP1 looks like surviving until the end of the smartphone age, I will probably never need one).

I think many would love to do the same with the turquoise cover whose blue buttons are quite a bad match in my eyes.

P.S.: I sense headaches for Fairphone’s shopkeepers :wink:

6 Likes

They should actually sell the two parts of the cover separately! That would take modularity to the next level! :smiley:

11 Likes

My first impressions of my new slim cover:

• solid and good quality material
  • white side good grip
  • fits well together
  • easy to handle

Comparison to old cover:

• shape makes it look thinner
  • I think the old cover has a better waterprotection than the new one

Summary:

• slim cover: more “elegant” and goodlooking
  • classic cover: better protection, “outdoor” cover
    I like them both :wink:

Some pictures:

EDIT:
Cover came in a small package which fits into a mailbox. But due DHL I had to sign the delivery.

14 Likes

To be honest, I find the shipping costs for just a cover quite high. I wanted to order a new cover today but the shipping would cost 7 euros (I live in the Netherlands). Because of the size of the cover I expected it to be send by postal mail? It would easily fit through my mailbox. And I cannot imagine the cover to be very heavy? So for everyone who has received a slim cover: is it delivered as a package? Because then I would understand the costs.

4 Likes

Shipping costs are for me 11 Euro !!! (Germany).
That’ ridiculous for a 30 Euro Cover.

6 Likes

Have you tried if a German reseller sells it with cheaper shipping costs?
Check

And

2 Likes

Or you could try to organize a #groupbuy.

The only retailer in Germany selling anything other than the phone is vireo. They have the slim covers in stock and sell them for 34,90 plus 2,90 shipping… I’d rather buy it directly at Fairphone then tbh, but I also have to say 11€ shipping for a cover which really shouldn’t need to be signed for and fits in a normal business envelope is far too much! Fairphone should really overthink their shipping policy regarding accessories. :’(

6 Likes

I suspect that the sole reason why Fairphone ships everything at the expensive rate is that some select parts (and the complete phone itself, of course) legally require that shipping method and for whatever reason they just apply that shipping method to each and everything, even to the most riskproof parts (shipping ten FP1 screws to Germany is 11.01 € … arrrrgh). I really don’t like the thought, but my guess for the “why” is … simplicity on the shop’s and the warehouse’s part.

2 Likes

Got my new case in today and I’m very happy. The phone feels better in the hand and it looks better and gives the phone a more quality look & feel; ok, that is subjective, but it works for me.

3 Likes

As my case is sitting in Brussels somewhere, I am very excited about it. Thanks for the info, I very look forward to replacing my broken old one. :wink:

The INDIGO slim cover is now on stock in the Fairphone shop.

3 Likes

Why…why the hell its not black or transparent…

4 Likes

ah the joy of discussing tastes and colors, it never gets old :slight_smile:
But for real: I do hope there will be a transparent new cover as well sometime soon…

20 Likes

Hm, the indigo one does not look too shabby. Pity, I ordered the white one already. :confused:

2 Likes

Transparent sounds fine, blue translucent would be a dream… :grin:

8 Likes

You are right, Douwe, Tastes are different. But the new colors can be attractive for girls, but not for us, mature boys :wink:

Give us some serious and solid colors… :wink:

7 Likes

I wonder what speaks against a wider collection of colours? Is it the possibility that some colours are not very popular and then end up in a corner at the warehouse?

1 Like

Why don’t we just all order the white cover and then color it the way we want to. :smiley:

15 Likes

It will be problematical, if we want transparent / translucent :slight_smile:

7 Likes