New FF2 user - Trouble installing free OS

Hi there,
I am a nex FP2 user.
I was a bit impatient so I have started to install the FP and google basically took control of my phone.
I have restored the factory settings and tried to install a free OS without google.
I have folowed instruction from this web site (I am french narrative) http://blog.liberetonordi.com/post/FairphoneOpen
It has started well, I have installed Fdroid.
Second step was to install Yalp store.
First strange think is that this app comes from google playstore.
When I want to open I have no other choice than connecting trough a google account or a false account from yalp store.
I have tried both options and it does not work.
I would like to install firefox as a navigator and it seems that it is available at Yalp store.
I would like to use my phone without google and a maximum of free apps.
I will use the phone for SMS/MMS, internet, photo, agenda, music play.
Anyone having time to give me the steps to follow in order to use my phone?
Thanks a lot.
Kind Regards

Have you seen this? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi there,

I think you may also find information here :

1 Like

Hi,

F-droid is a good start! You can find all that you need there for what you want to do (“I will use the phone for SMS/MMS, internet, photo, agenda, music play”).
If you really want to install Firefox, you could try this app that should help you download firefox: FFUpdater | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
But there are other options out there on F-droid. For example, Lightning works very well:
Lightning | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

There is a thread about browsers, maybe you can get inspiration:

For the rest, you don’t really seem to need Yalp. There already are preinstalled apps on FOopenOS for what you want to do. You may want to change the camera app to open camera, the agenda app to etar (or something else), etc. Just check what is available on F-droid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.